User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Tips Re: Writing from the POV of the opposite gender?

    Because I am male, I can identify more with my male characters and so usually write from their POV. However, when I write scripts obviously there have to be female ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: A new story idea

    You don't need to include much of the fantasy school stuff, most of it can centre on the disease's spread. I mean, that's what the main source of conflict is, ...

    Mar 5, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Stream of Consciousness Writing

    Can it work? When is it best to use it?

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you lengthen your novel -- HELP Me, PLEASE!

    I think the problem lies in finding a story with enough 'legs', enough complexities. Get a plot that is meaty and allows you to break out of the narration and ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing, Staging and Producing a Play

    At the moment I am about 40% of the way into writing my crime thriller, "Tabula Rasa." I am looking to stage it in a month or two, when I ...

    Mar 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: If it were a movie!?

    I often picture my stories in my head as films, but I don't think of adaptations, unless I manage to write something verging on adaptable. "Terminal," for instance, could be ...

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Goals, Rituals etc.

    I don't like having a set number of words to write - I find it too constraining. I prefer just having a set time and place to write (lunchtimes in ...

    Feb 24, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Ahhh! Too many ideas! *brain explodes* - A guide

    Don't forget the Hollywood Approach: Which idea has the most 'legs'? And top tip: if you're overflowing with ideas (as I am often), just GET THEM DOWN! You can always ...

    Feb 24, 2008
  • Research Re: What really happened during the Salem Witch Trails

    TRIALS not trails? Sorry, small spelling note.

    Feb 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Some basic tips

    Also, TELLING occurs if you are using too many passive verbs. SHOWING is describing things ACTIVELY.

    Feb 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How many drafts do you do?

    Not many. Most of my work stays intact apart from a few tweaks, but not omitting whole chunks. It helps to take a break after you write so you can ...

    Feb 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Some basic tips

    Yes, this article was much needed and is much appreciated! :D

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you write your novel?

    If I absolutely must, then I will write longhand. Otherwise the standard word processor. Nothing wildly inventive.

    Feb 20, 2008
  • Research Re: The Epic Search To Fill The Cliche Bank

    The hero dies a horrible death and miraculously comes back to life when after endless resuscitation, all hope is lost.

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: The Ever-So-Famous Block for Writers

    VOMIT WRITE! Vomit writing is writing anything that comes into your head. No matter how crap it is. Apart from its usefulness as a stress buster, you might find that ...

    Feb 10, 2008


i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren