User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    Yes: visual dialogue! If you watch films or TV shows, you'll notice the conversations are hardly ever static (except in 'arty' films or segues between major incidents). Learn from them! ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: suspense

    *laughs* Never mind.

    May 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: suspense

    Nate, I don't think "The bike was wobbly" is an active verb; isn't it stative? The sentence is telling, not showing. Perhaps "The bike wobbled as if in distress" would ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    I feel the same way most of the time, too. My advice is to, like the others aid, write ANYTHING!!! Or, if you really don't feel writing, maybe take a ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    *laughs* 46. Keep killing off all your characters randomly while explaining that the writer was the murderer. 47. Endlessly put emoticons in characters' speech. "He cried happily, "Yes! I've done ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    Write for an hour a day. Or even five minutes. Whatever you do, keep those creative juices flowing. Set yourself a dedicated time to write. Just vomit write. Doesn't matter ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    40. Post a blank page.

    May 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    38. Address the reviewer personally saying you will threaten them with murder/arson/insert other form of retribution here if you do not post a glowing review. 39. Write something really, really, ...

    May 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Names

    Yeah, me too - hidden meanings are fun!

    May 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    Excellent advice, but I can see why some people might find it irritating and obtrusive...

    May 19, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help!

    (Not sure where to put this; please move if needs be.) As you may be aware, I started writing a play called "Tabula Rasa" (now called "Submission"); I've stopped continuing ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Research Re: Families

    REPLIES TO QUESTIONS 1. How many children in your family? Just me 2. How old is each child? Sixteen 3. Are your parents divorced? Yes 4. If yes to question ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Research Re: Speech

    Prose? You mean in general or just speeches. If you want general prose for a stimulus, try Atonement by Ian McEwan. It's an excellent novel. Or, for speeches, I suggest ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Forget Grammar Advice (Not this one!)

    As my English teacher used to say, "It's like knowing how to ride a bike before you do a wheelie." Or, a screenwriter puts it, "There are no rules, but ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Deadlines

    I hate deadlines! However, I find writing for ten minutes - no more, no less - is an excellent way to keep up your writing life. Mostly I continue writing ...

    May 10, 2008


we are all mariah carey
— Kay (NovemberCrow)