-
Re: Famed playwright Harold Pinter dies, aged 78
The playwright Harold Pinter, author of "The Birthday Party," "The Caretaker" (which I studied at GCSE! Brilliant play) and the screenplay of "The French Lieutenant's Woman," died after battling with ...
Dec 25, 2008 -
Re: Coexist
Yeah, I think it would be very difficult trying to get bin Laden or the Phelps family to join the group! I think it is an excellent idea! I shall ...
Dec 23, 2008 -
Re: What song describes you?
Slow Motion by David Gray, Mellowness at its most exquisite.
Dec 20, 2008 -
Re: 'State interference in civil liberties is necessary.'
As in are they are a fundamental necessity?
Dec 18, 2008 -
Re: 'State interference in civil liberties is necessary.'
Discuss the above statement! Is state interference arguably justified? Where do we draw the line; where should governments draw the line? Is current international law enough to prevent misuses of ...
Dec 16, 2008 -
Re: 'The UN Declaration of Human Rights is a failure.'
Discuss! As we mark the 60th anniversary of the signing of the UN Declaration of Human Rights, what kind of impact has it made? Has it been neglected? Should education ...
Dec 10, 2008 -
Re: Abortion
Agreed.
Dec 9, 2008 -
Re: American English: Dialect or Language?
English also has numerous words from Greek and Anglo-Saxon roots. The days of the week have Norse and Roman origins.
Dec 8, 2008 -
Re: Changeling
I've just seen this film and this is probably one of the most powerful movies this year, if not ever. I thought Clint Eastwood's direction was incredible - he is ...
Nov 30, 2008 -
Re: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Bill Gates' quote rocks. And Grandpa's. And Barack Obama's. And Einstein's.
Nov 26, 2008 -
Re: Why *did* the chicken cross the road?
That's absolutely brilliant, Galatea! I love it!
Nov 26, 2008 -
Re: Evil Humans
No one is "born evil." "Evil" is a concept, just as "good" is, that we learn through our environment, i.e. the morals, values, culture and attitudes of the society we ...
Nov 26, 2008 -
Re: Evil Nazis
When Blink asks the question "what is evil," we cannot consider it without also defining what is "good" or "acceptable". Our distinction between "good" and "evil" is a social one, ...
Nov 20, 2008 -
Re: Habeus corpus/ Guantanomo Bay
Agreed, Galatea. Habeas corpus is perhaps one of the most fundamental cornerstones of many modern legal systems, and it is deplorable that the US government should flout it so conspicuously.
Nov 16, 2008 -
Re: Evil Nazis
However insanely inhumane he was, let us not forget that Hitler was a very persuasive speaker. I have read a couple of his speeches and they are chilling. Contrast him ...
Nov 16, 2008
