User avatar

Gahks

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Consenting to Murder

    According to Wikipedia, Germany's position on euthanasia is "unknown, presumed illegal." So that kind of rules it out as a potential defence.

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Consenting to Murder

    There was a case in Germany many, many years ago about a man who indulged in cannibalism and thus advertised on the Internet for a victim who would consent to ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Get Pregnant Quick!!

    If the girls knew they could get themselves into trouble, they should be held to account. Maybe the men too, but certainly not the media and certainly not the parents.

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The World Police

    America has a lot of influence in global politics. When making its decision about whether to get involved in a conflict, it needs to think VERY carefully about the potential ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Would you pay to remove ads?

    No. The ads don't interest me at all.

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Opinions of Dropping Crime Rates?

    I would like to know where the statistics have come from. Then I might be able to make a better decision on whether they are accurate or not.

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Bonekickers!

    Has anyone watched Bonekickers on BBC One lately? If you haven't, I would not recommend it: it's the most ridiculous piece of drivel that the BBC has ever commissioned. The ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are people really equal?

    I think 'equality' as a construct (see Rubric's argument) is an ideal that we all aspire to but in practice it never holds universally true. We have to accept that ...

    Jul 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Cloning, should it be allowed?

    I don't have any problem with it if extremely tight safeguards are imposed so that such technology does not fall into the wrong hands. Should that happen, who knows what ...

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Lisbon Treaty -a European debate

    Agreed, idle_muse. I hate the treaty as it gives away most of our powers to Brussels and for the reasons you mentioned. Many people like myself want a referendum. The ...

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: "Religion causes too many problems."

    I felt like being controversial with this one, so... fire away!

    Jul 16, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Wall-E

    Haven't seen it yet. But it looks cute.

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: I'm looking for a show I watched in England

    Does sound like Get Your Own Back, a now-defunt children's show. More specifics would really help on this one. Time? Which channel? Any notable people?

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: How Much can we trust science?

    Agreed, Rubric. Pseudo-science is exactly that: it's not science.

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: How Much can we trust science?

    Exactly, Sureal. The scientific community works by constantly reviewing and testing new hypotheses. If other scientists are unable to repeat an experiment to test a hypothesis and achieve the same ...

    Jul 10, 2008


Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy