User avatar

Gahks

  • Welcome Mat Re: Sureal is Here, Never Fear... (yeah... that was terrible...)

    Hey, Sureal, from a fellow Brit! Welcome! :D What sort of genres are you into? And all this lucid dreaming stuff sounds fascinating - can you explain to me how ...

    Jan 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To Character Chart, or Not To Character Chart...

    Sometimes I'll do it if I've hit a wall - thinking through the characters can trigger off new things that might add to the plot.

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Tribute to Breathing

    It's not that the lines are wrong but you've just chosen the wrong word. E.g. "postpone" in "I postpone the hour to dream" sounds forced and artificial. Similarly, "shocked" in ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Do not Enter

    I liked the way the title forms the first line of the poem. But the things you describe are really quite shocking! The last verse, as other reviewers have said, ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    Writing is meant to be FUN! So have fun with it!

    Jan 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Terminal

    This is a story that's very personal to me - it's based on my own experiences. Enjoy. Terminal The figure strode excitedly that morning towards that place, intent on issuing ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Breaking storm

    This is a great start! However, I feel that there are some things which, if corrected, would help enormously. Firstly, try to cut out all your adjectives. Only use the ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    Conflict is drama. A story cannot exist without a problem, a conflict, a puzzle that must be resolved.

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi all - from Gahks

    I have completed my LAMDA Bronze Medal in Public Speaking and am currently studying for the Silver Medal. I haven't done much in the way of debating but do enjoy ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Deleted

    This piece suffers from a lack of narrative data and too many taglines - she said this, he shouted that etc. These only add dead weight and dulls the flow ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: How long will Law & Order run for?

    The question says it all. Do you think L&O will really beat Gunsmoke? Have the new cast members helped? Will SVU and CI last as long? As a British viewer ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What is your favorite movie genre?

    I like thrillers mostly, but I also like a good drama, like "Atonement." That sort of powerful and evocative film.

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Ideas & Inspirations

    How do you get inspiration for your writing? You can share your thoughts and tips here. Most of my stories start with a "What if...?" situation. Ordinary people doing unordinary ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing An Outline

    I don't outline very much. I have a rough mental idea of where the story's going to go and let it grow, evolve and change organically. But different people work ...

    Jan 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Web Site? (besides YWS)

    Has some great inspirations for a writer who needs them desperately.

    Jan 26, 2008


life is so much better with tater tots
— AilahEvelynMae