User avatar

Gahks

  • Media Reviews Re: Atonement by Ian McEwan

    If you know the film ending, you'll know the book ending. Having said that, the film lacks the subtlety and richness of the book. It's still really worth reading even ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    Hey there, Gahks here (that's 'garks'). Welcome to YWS! :D Pleased to meet you. What sort of genres are you into? Do you have any hobbies/interests?

    Jan 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Angel of Depression

    Hey there, I'll forgive you for not reviewing first before submitting. It's a great description, but I do agree with Sleeping Valour - you need to double space your paragraphs ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: The Believer of Synyster rather than..

    Hey there, Welcome to YWS! I saw your welcome page had no replies. So I thought I'd say hi. :D Pleased to meet you. I'm Gahks (that's 'garks'), I live ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: 10 Things You Might or Might Not Know About Gahks

    1. I am British Born Chinese (and proud of it)! 2. My star sign is Pisces. 3. My Chinese zodiac year is the Year of the Monkey (1992). Pisces is ...

    Jan 28, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Seen Any Movies Lately?

    United 93. I know it's been out for a while, but I rented it with my mum over the weekend and boy, was it powerful. Highly recommended. 4.5/5

    Jan 28, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 08' Presidential Elections

    Obama or Clinton. It could go either way.

    Jan 28, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey all!

    Hey there from England :D How's Texas? The weather's not too bad over here, but I am envious. Good luck with your writing and hope you have fun here. Gahks ...

    Jan 28, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: New Beginnings Make for More Endings

    Hey there from England! Welcome to YWS! :D Pleased to meet you. What are your interests? Do you like to work in any particular genres?

    Jan 28, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Short prologue...

    Prologue Stumbling through the pitch blackness, the man tried to haul himself away from his attacker and towards the safety of his villa. Begging in desperation, he threw his crimson-coated ...

    Jan 28, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Some Haikus

    The Question He struggles to oust His writhing thought from mouth Yet never succeeds. The Dream The film appears in Front of your eyes, then starts to Slowly fade away. ...

    Jan 28, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: What is the member above you known for?

    For belonging to YWS. :D

    Jan 28, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Prologue (work in progress)

    The new version of the prologue looks a tad more interesting than the original. I think that's because in the second version you hit the ground running - you start ...

    Jan 27, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Only Speak in Song Titles

    Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - George Michael & Elton John

    Jan 27, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello

    Hi there. This is Gahks... pleased to meet you. :D From what other people have said, your poem seems quite interesting. I shall now go off and find it. See ...

    Jan 27, 2008


You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind