User avatar

Gahks

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello

    Hi there from England! Welcome to YWS! :D What are your interests/hobbies etc.? Feel free to PM me if you've got problems. Otherwise, get reviewing and start submitting! See you ...

    Jan 30, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Trail Mix

    I love its subtlety and delicacy. I think enjambement would work better rather than the dash: "If you can't see The forest for the fleas?" The entire piece seems symbolic, ...

    Jan 30, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Villains Never Win

    This is one of the better poems I have read. Well done. The first line has too many full stops. I like the end-stopped sentences in the rest of the ...

    Jan 30, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Good Faith: Part I

    That was the first time she knew. Her eyes fluttered open. She reached out to grab the watch on her bedside table, yet as she outstretched her arm, she felt ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Awakening

    As other reviewers have pointed out, you need to clean up your punctuation. Tbh, I didn't care much for Yuki. As readers, we need to be immediately enchanted by your ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: My heart

    The first two sentences were definitely the best; they encapsulated the whole piece beautifully. Your writing is very emotional, we can see that, but the passage is finished before the ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Writing Along The Lines Of Strange

    Your ideas are interesting. The story itself, visually, needs a lot more work. Paragraphing would help space out your ideas and make your writing easier to read. The first two ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Lake Girls

    This prologue needs action and description . You need to hit the ground running to draw the reader in. At the moment, it feels like padding. Make the characters do ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Darkness and Light

    Some interesting ideas here. However I feel the poem could benefit from a more regular stanzaic/rhyming structure. One stanza has five lines, the others four. Some of the verses have ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    Hey there, welcome! Start reviewing and then start submitting - it's a simple as that. Friendly welcome wishes, Gahks :D

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: The Mutilations of the Male Against the Female

    Yeah, I think so. This is an extraordinary poem. Incredibly rich and subtle. I like the way you subvert the cliche "Then girl met boy." And of course the bitter ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: My first day

    Hey there! Friendly welcome from Gahks :D It's good to see so many new members coming in already - I'm fairly new. Get reviewing and then you can start submitting ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello every one

    Hey there! Welcome! :D I'm Gahks (that's 'garks'). Pleased to meet you. What do you like to do in your spare time? Do you prefer writing particular genres? Hope you ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Broadway Queen

    This was a gem. You really capture the sense of guilt in the speaker at not having done enough. I liked the crisp, end-stopped clauses and the occasional enjambement was ...

    Jan 29, 2008
  • General Articles Re: Public Speech: School Shootings

    Good morning does sound like a chairman's job. Alas, it ruins the opening. Keep the housekeeping brief and go into your hook. The main problem with your speech is that ...

    Jan 29, 2008


If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke