-
Re: For Mathew Brady
This is powerful stuff. I love the way you evoke the artistry of Brady's work so beautifully and with such respect for him and those he documented. The piece could ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: Starting a Creative Writing Club: for Beginners
Being someone who's morbidly obsessed with creative writing when hardly anyone else is (well, I suppose the GCSE/A Level students have some sort of excuse - revision etc.), I thought ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: newbie
Hey there Bookgeek! Welcome! :D What sort of things do you enoy writing? Do you have any hobbies or interests? Feel free to PM me if anything's bugging you. See ...
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: Hey Im new
Hey there from England! Welcome! What sort of stuff do you like to write? Hope you enjoy it here. Gahks
Feb 10, 2008 -
Re: Newbie
Hey there from England! :D Welcome to YWS! What exactly is Naruto? An anime/manga thing? What sort of stuff do you like to write? What interests do you have? Feel ...
Feb 5, 2008 -
Re: Persuasive essay for my English class
What this essay lacks is COHESION and STRUCTURE. At the moment, it feels like you're jumping around from one point to the next - it's too disjointed. Like some other ...
Feb 4, 2008 -
Re: Public Speech: School Shootings, Part II
Maybe not "the well-televised Columbine massacre that I would like to tell you about," but "Take the well-televised Columbine massacre." This would sound more natural and less stilted. "Bullying" as ...
Feb 4, 2008 -
Re: Cats!
Do it from a dog's POV about cats!
Feb 4, 2008 -
Re: Tourist
Tourist The first thing that strikes you Is the heat. The unrelenting Punishment of the sun. The smells of Opium, incense and dust smother you In a suffocating blanket. Everyone ...
Feb 4, 2008 -
Re: Sky's the name
Hey there from England! :D Welcome to YWS! What sort of hobbies/interests do you have? Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind. Gahks (that's 'garks').
Feb 2, 2008 -
Re: Hi everyone! I'm new
Hey there from England! :D Welcome! Hope you have fun!
Feb 2, 2008 -
Re: The Diamond Ground
The ending's abrupt and effective. This piece would really benefit from better spacing and a syntax/punctuation clean-up. I agree with Sleeping Valour in that 'murder' seems like the wrong word ...
Jan 30, 2008 -
Re: Music & Writing
Do you like playing music in the background when you write? I like playing soft, mellow music.
Jan 30, 2008 -
Re: I hate...
Agreed. This poem seems too artificial and forced. Don't use too much anaphora (starting with the same phrase over and over and over again). Use it sparingly, to spice up ...
Jan 30, 2008 -
Re: Welcome New Members!
Go to "Read & Review" and look at other people's views. When you've done 2 reviews, you can start submitting work yourself. Try to keep your review to submission ratio ...
Jan 30, 2008
