User avatar

Gahks

  • Other Poetry Re: Sanctuary

    Yes, I do like this poem. Some notes: Perhaps "she thanks the gods..." rather than "Thanking the gods..." as this doesn't make sense. "Oh-so-dear" sounds somewhat contrived; try simply "...she ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Tortured Souls

    Tortured Souls The taxi pulled up outside the terraced Ealing house early one morning. Its occupant squeezed out and smiled amid the sneering winter chill. He’d found the right address. ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: How to Kill a Baby

    This piece lacked action, but this turned out to be an advantage for something that tackles such a tricky issue. You didn't make it too emotionally charged. You could improve ...

    Feb 22, 2008
  • Scripts Re: Tabula Rasa

    The first part of a play in progress: one act, one scene, in real time. CHARACTERS MASON, a detective in his late thirties BRADSHAW, a detective in his early twenties ...

    Feb 21, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Good evening fools.

    Hey there from England! Welcome to YWS! :D Hope you enjoy our company. Gahks

    Feb 20, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Photograph

    Apart from the occasional spelling/punctuation errors, this story has potential. You could do with substituting 'red' for synonyms such as 'crimson' or 'burgundy,' while still keeping the repetition,

    Feb 20, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    Hey there from England! Welcome! :D Hope you find it fun here. Post some stuff soon!

    Feb 20, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Howdy

    *laughs at definition* That's made my day. Welcome to YWS from England, Kakistocracy! Although I can't say we're much of a kakistocracy on this site :D Hope you enjoy our ...

    Feb 20, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Kidnapped

    This is a great poem. You managed to find a decent rhyme scheme, which always livens up my day. Punctuation was inconsistent in places, but this is a small aside ...

    Feb 20, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Seasons

    The only thing I really liked about this poem was the comparison to life. Otherwise it seemed a little ordinary. Find something much more powerful to express in just so ...

    Feb 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you write your novel?

    If I absolutely must, then I will write longhand. Otherwise the standard word processor. Nothing wildly inventive.

    Feb 20, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: I am Sixteen

    This story didn't really grip me. I was expecting more action - I like openings to hit the ground running. But I do see the mysterious quality in your buildup. ...

    Feb 11, 2008
  • Research Re: The Epic Search To Fill The Cliche Bank

    The hero dies a horrible death and miraculously comes back to life when after endless resuscitation, all hope is lost.

    Feb 10, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: The Ever-So-Famous Block for Writers

    VOMIT WRITE! Vomit writing is writing anything that comes into your head. No matter how crap it is. Apart from its usefulness as a stress buster, you might find that ...

    Feb 10, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Massacre of White Oak

    The best bit about this piece is the ending. It's chilling and leaves a sour taste in your mouth. The main problem for me is that there's too much description ...

    Feb 10, 2008


There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable