User avatar

Gahks

  • Welcome Mat Re: Greetings and salutations, all!

    Pathetic winters?! Come on... I'd love to spend Christmas somewhere summery... like Australia... It's a very British thing to comment on the weather, you might have noticed when you came ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi!

    Hey Andreas! I'm Gahks (pronounced 'garks'); welcome to YWS! What sort of stuff do you like to read/write? Do you have any hobbies or interests? Remember to post 2 reviews ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Not Me!

    Hey there, I'm Gahks (that's 'garks')! Welcome! I saw your thread had no replies and thought I'd be first to respond. What sort of stuff do you read/write? Do you ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey y'all im new

    Hey there, Welcome to YWS! Get reviewing and start posting! Hope you have fun here. Gahks

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Spilling

    Hey there, I do agree with omgafilangi's points. However, this is a pretty good poem. The odd rhyme scheme reminds me of Carol Ann Duffy's "Salome" in how it drips ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Deleted

    Hey there, Very interesting stuff. I'm assuming that the free direct speech at the start (i.e. without speech marks) is deliberate and not some careless error. If it is, just ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Elephants never forget

    Yes, I agree: this seems more like a poem or monologue than a piece of fiction. Having said that, it was an enjoyable read. A lot of your statements were ...

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Kaitak, July 1997

    It was meant to be about a British Chinese person arriving in Hong Kong on the eve of the Handover. As Gryphon rightly pointed out, the title refers to the ...

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Kaitak, July 1997

    Kaitak, July 1997 [pre]Morning; The smell of scrambled eggs permeates The air; the English rain fights At the window. Except we are not in England. The mist parts to reveal ...

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Battlefield

    This is great for a first poem. I haven't seen an acrostic for such a long time, so well done for being so refreshing. Your use of smell in the ...

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Greetings and salutations, all!

    Ooh, an Australian newbie! Hello from England! *waves enthusiastically in return* Welcome to YWS! Hope you have fun here. Remember to start reviewing and then you can get posting! See ...

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm New...

    Bonjour Soleil! Vous allez bien? Bienvenue a YWS! Be sure to review at least 2 other pieces before you can start submitting your own stuff. I'm sure it's great! What ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Helloooo

    Hey there from foggy England! Welcome to YWS! Be sure to review at least 2 other pieces before you can start submitting your own stuff. I'm sure it's great! What ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Want to write for Squills?

    Sounds fun! I'll see if I can submit something. Gahks

    Feb 27, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    Hey all new people! Welcome! Feel free PM me if there's anything on your minds. Best wishes, Friendly Gahks (pronounced 'garks') :D

    Feb 27, 2008


Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream