User avatar

Gahks

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Kaleidoscope

    After Suzanne's comments, I decided to revamp "Sixteen" and came up with a brand new poem: "Kaleidoscope." Kaleidoscope For my family and friends. Another hurdle conquered, another chasm crossed; anot

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Tank Man/Sixteen

    I thought I'd acknowledge my birthday slightly differently this year. I've written two poems to celebrate my Chineseness (if there is such a word!) and me being sixteen. The Tank ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Welcome New Members!

    A big HELLO to RIP, evanrith, Window, Johnny, pockylover24 and all other new newbies! Welcome from cloudy England! Hope you enjoy our company. Feel free to PM me if anything's ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Journalist?

    No, sorry. But hi, anyway. Welcome from cloudy England! Hope you enjoy our company. See you around! Gahks :D

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing, Staging and Producing a Play

    At the moment I am about 40% of the way into writing my crime thriller, "Tabula Rasa." I am looking to stage it in a month or two, when I ...

    Mar 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Roy

    Hey there, This shows promise. Couple of things: 1) Don't start with a passive. In fact, limit the use of the passive voice as much as possible. Instead of: "The ...

    Mar 3, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Cinnamon

    Don't be so self-deprecating, adnamarine! It's a fine story with a wonderful concept. The main problem with this is that there's too much telling. You use a lot of 'was/were' ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Finding Madeleine

    This has somewhat disappeared from the news lately. I guess news is old once you hear of it. I am slightly suspicious of the parents but to be honest, why ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Death Penalty.

    *applause for Stella Thomas* "It is easier to denounce the evildoer than to understand him." - Dostoyevsky. Executing killers does not make them any better citizens. It simply treats them ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    I think that we need to keep our options open to avoid the horror of backstreet abortions. Just look what's happened in Nicaragua, where the government has banned abortion. Many ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi, I'm Huntress!

    Hey there from England! Welcome to YWS! Hope you have fun here. Look forward to seeing some of your work. Catch you later, Gahks (pronounced 'garks') :D

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Are You Excited About The Journal?

    Ooh... interesting. Couple of things: 1) Is this one of those periodical things that comes out weekly, monthly, annually, every Chinese New Year etc.? If so, how do you submit ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Greetings and salutations, all!

    *laughs*

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi...

    Hey there, Welcome back! What happened sounds really odd... anyway, hope things are better now. Onwards and upwards, as they say! See you around, Gahks :D

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Historical Fiction Short Stories Re: The Human Bullet

    The Human Bullet The young man sat there and stared at the pristine blue sky, clutching his gas mask. He could smell the salty sea air, hear the squawk of ...

    Mar 2, 2008


A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
— Roald Dahl