User avatar

Gahks

  • Writers Corner Re: A new story idea

    You don't need to include much of the fantasy school stuff, most of it can centre on the disease's spread. I mean, that's what the main source of conflict is, ...

    Mar 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Torture

    Yes, I much appreciate you posting the UN articles and Geneva Convention stuff - I learned something. As regards the question, yes - torture is cruel and inhumane. And STILL ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Archive Re: The Aftermath

    Yes, that's great.

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Archive Re: The Aftermath

    Claim first, then make up for the remaining eight (from the proposed thirteen).

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Archive Re: The Aftermath

    This was an idea I had for a TV series but I felt it would work much better as a Storybook. Conspiracy thriller with perhaps a sci-fi element. THE SET-UP: ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: In the Deep Blue - Prologue (Edited)

    Hey there. Personally, I don't like starting with an "I." You might, but I can think of many other ways to begin a story. You could use a participial phrase: ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Message

    Hey there, Absolutely adore the concept. A few issues, apart from the errors already discussed: 1. The stanza "Till a dog found them and all of their sin" does not ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Stream of Consciousness Writing

    Can it work? When is it best to use it?

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    Hmm, interesting. I'm certainly fine with it. Agree with all comments above. This is a liberal, 21st century society people! Go for it!

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Death Penalty.

    I thought it was King; I was quoting from a passage he wrote entitled "Non-violence." Did Gandhi contribute the idea first? Hmm, interesting.

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is homosexuality a psychological disorder or is it inate?

    Good old Biology. Okay, Cpt. Smurf, I take my comment back. There could be some biological influence in homosexuality.

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Death Penalty.

    And an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind, as Martin Luther King rightly said.

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hiyaah x.x

    Hey there from cloudy England! Welcome to YWS! Hope you have fun here. Remember to review at least 2 pieces before you can submit stuff. I'm sure it's great! Feel ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My Brother Has A Gun

    This definitely shows promise. Most of this consists of bland statements that only skim the emotional surface of the issue at heart. Your was/were expressions, such as: "Then there was ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do you lengthen your novel -- HELP Me, PLEASE!

    I think the problem lies in finding a story with enough 'legs', enough complexities. Get a plot that is meaty and allows you to break out of the narration and ...

    Mar 4, 2008


Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg