User avatar

Gahks

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A Proper Debate!

    Having been a member of the debating club for some time on YWS, I thought it would be a good idea to get debating going in the actual, proper format. ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should we be allowed to use hybrid embryos?

    Absolutely a good idea, although I understand why people might have their reservations...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Worst Poem

    One day I decided to write a poem and this is what I came up with.

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey guys.

    Hello Mortality from England! Welcome to the madness that is YWS! I tend to write crime fiction, but absolutely adore poetry. I've just discovered what a wonderful medium it is. ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: 'ello 'ello!

    'Ello back from dark England! Welcome to YWS! I don't write fantasy - I prefer to dabble in crime - but I love the short story format. It's so neat ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hola!

    ¡Hola! Me llamo Gahks. Bienvenido a YWS. Espero que lo pase bien aquí. Gahks :D

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Free indirect & free direct speech

    These cropped up in my English Literature GCSE course and sounded like really interesting techniques to use. If you want to utilise them, how and when do you do it ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Transitions in 1st Person

    When you transition from one character into another, make the differences really clear. Use free indirect speech (also known as free indirect style) or internal monologues so that the reader ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Randomosity Archive Re: What does this username make you think of?

    Shooting stars.

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Um, I believeI haven't introduced myself

    Hey there! Welcome to YWS from cloudy England! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks.') Glad you could join the madness. What sort of stuff do you like to read/write? Do you ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Walking with the Wind

    Walking with the Wind The wind howls around dark corners, breathes its dire ire all over the world. The walls of the house teeter and totter like an accordion. The ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Dreamed of Hell

    This is a decently written poem with some great, albeit horrible, imagery. You could improve it further by adding full stops at the end of each second line; the resulting ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sailor in the ocean

    Hey there! I saw your poem had no reviews so I thought I'd be first to give feedback! You had some interesting ideas but don't throw them away by passivising ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: For Us

    Great poem. Short but sweet. Although it didn't seem particularly fresh, I liked your use of imagery, but watch your spelling and other pointers as previously raised. Your writing shows ...

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Speakers' Corner

    Speakers’ Corner For Patricia and the Reading School Public Speaking Team. He inhales the cool, crisp afternoon air that cleanses him as he scans his audience, waiting to begin. The ...

    Apr 3, 2008


The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec