-
Re: Global Warming
In my opinion, there is no such thing as global warming. HOWEVER, there is such a thing as climate change. I do worry about the impact humans are making on ...
Apr 16, 2008 -
Re: A Proper Debate!
THE DEBATE Proposition: Archstormangel Opposition: thunder_dude7 Audience: coryab222, aestar101, EDIT: Cpt. Smurf , chocoholic, Medusa... more please! To sign up for vacant roles, please reply to this
Apr 12, 2008 -
Re: Title Feedback
A crime novel. Or a drama of some description. SUBMISSION
Apr 8, 2008 -
Re: What does this username make you think of?
A shimmering jewel. Interesting take on it, Crysi. I'm no New Yorker myself - I hail from England! :wink:
Apr 8, 2008 -
Re: What does this username make you think of?
I don't know what RoryLegend makes me thinkl of. Oh, I know: A heroic character, the St. George type. Not the Indiana Jones type. (But then again, they're both heroes... ...
Apr 8, 2008 -
Re: What bands/artists are your favorite?
I've got too many. Check out the music site in my sig for the full list! However, my picks of the moment would have to be: Wet Wet Wet, Keane, ...
Apr 7, 2008 -
Re: Northern Ireland
Since the ROI looks to set to decline economically over the next couple of years, I would suggest that Northern Ireland sticks with us Brits. However, Cpt. Smurf has a ...
Apr 7, 2008 -
Re: hiii, i have no idea what i'm doing :D
Hey Heather from lovely England! Welcome to YWS! Hope you have fun here. What sort of stuff do you like to read/write? Do you have any hobbies? Feel free to ...
Apr 6, 2008 -
Re: Do you agree with animal testing?
I think it is a necessary evil if it used in research for medicines to counter, for example, cancer. As long as the animals are treated as humanely as possible, ...
Apr 6, 2008 -
Re: A Proper Debate!
DEBATE ROLES: These are provisional and may be subject to change. Proposition 1: Archstormangel Proposition 2: TBC Opposition 1: thunder_dude7 Opposition 2: TBC Audience: TBC To sign up for vacant ...
Apr 6, 2008 -
Re: Most Meaningful Quotes
"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato. Also see my sig. :)
Apr 5, 2008 -
Re: A Proper Debate!
I will chair the debate; now all you have to do is tell me what you'd like to be.
Apr 5, 2008 -
Re: Hello fellow denizens of the universe
Hey! Welcome from sunny England! My name's Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'). Good to meet you. What sort of stuff do you like to read/write? Do you have any hobbies or ...
Apr 4, 2008 -
Re: Free indirect & free direct speech
Examples of free indirect speech: "...we will not ask how much of the fine lady, who could scarcely bear to hear the place mentioned." ( Hard Times , Charles Dickens) ...
Apr 4, 2008 -
Re: A Proper Debate!
The format is modelled after competition debating such as Mace in the UK( ) as opposed to the general discussions normally seen here.
Apr 4, 2008
