User avatar

Gahks

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey everyone!

    Hey there from England! *waves* I'm Gahks - that's pronounced 'garks'; welcome to the madness that is YWS! What sort of stuff do you like to read/write? I'm mostly a ...

    Apr 29, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    "Scavenger" def sounds like a thriller. I like one-word titles! "At the End of the Rainbow" seems fairytale-like and sentimental. Or is that the point? My title for my upcoming ...

    Apr 29, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fragments

    Fragments [pre]Framed within precise dimensions, that fragment, immortalised for all eternity, morphs into a time when we could not care less about the way we looked or felt, but soon ...

    Apr 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Which is better and why?

    My two picks: 1) Nuclear. No matter how controversial it is, it's practical and efficient. But yeah, the waste is toxic and difficult to dispose of. Not good if you're ...

    Apr 28, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do you believe/not believe in God?

    This is still somewhat pessimistic but realistic. We may try to combat suffering, but there will always be more. This is valid, and I do agree with it, but I ...

    Apr 27, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do you believe/not believe in God?

    I'm an atheist parents think I believe in God) because I don't like the idea of some divine being regulating who I am. Agreed. I am agnostic and atheistic, although ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: TYWC

    Hi there! Haven't heard of the TYWC, but hope you find it just as enjoyable here. I'm Gahks, by the way (that's pronounced 'garks'). What genres do you like to ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Chapter Two: The End of Humanity

    If your writing a romance, don't put the "first kiss" too early into the book: it should be about halfway through. This is because this is an important moment, a ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Passed or Past?

    As Saint Razorblade correctly says, "pass" is the past tense or the past participle of the verb "to pass": Having passed the shop, he approached the school. Time passed slowly. ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: (RUNAWAY) Chapter One: Paralyzed * title subject to change

    Part One seemed far more interesting than Part Two. The second section, full of italics, only served to overwhelm and intimidate the reader. You could solve this problem by turning ...

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: What Perspective Do You Like To Write In?

    Third person omniscient mostly, although sometimes I use first person.

    Apr 26, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Another poll for school

    English Literature, but I love French, Latin and Spanish too. I used to enjoy Science, but not so much now.

    Apr 26, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Gingerbread Man

    I wrote this three years ago: just a nice snippet of writing from the past. Enjoy. The Gingerbread Man Part One Once upon a time, far away in the celestial ...

    Apr 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    Don't think for one second that you actually WANTED to read this book. Put it back on the shelf.

    Apr 25, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Day of Silence

    Really? Never knew that before! Learn something new everyday, eh? ;)

    Apr 25, 2008


If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia