User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Children's Fiction

    Many times I've been told that you have to SHOW the audience your incidents, rather than TELL or narrate them, or sum them up. With children's fiction, the language is ...

    May 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible is a lie?

    I think the Bible is like any other piece of creative writing. It's a collection of folk tales bound together by a single narrative. It's simply a good piece of ...

    May 7, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Heyho :D

    Hey there, fellow aspiring writer! Welcome to YWS from sunny England! I'm Gahks - that's pronounced 'garks.' Hope you have fun here; feel free to PM me if you have ...

    May 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should libel on the computer be illegal?

    In principle, yes, but as Suzanne rightly says, the issue of enforcement and regulation makes it too impractical.

    May 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Teen and Premartial Sex

    Agree with aestar101; your mum is probably looking out for you, but only you know what's best for your relationship. Just remember, the age of consent is there to protect ...

    May 5, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Pretty Much...

    Hello from humid England; you've found just the place to discuss writing! :wink:

    May 5, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Hello, my name is...

    Hello, I'm DI James Mason. What can I do for you today?

    May 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Gladiators!

    It's official and has been known for a while: GLADIATORS, the 90s show that captured millions, is making a comeback! AMERICAN GLADIATORS and GLADIATORS AUSTRALIA have already been huge successes; ...

    May 4, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle!

    I dare you to test My wrath; approach me with fear And caution. Begin!

    May 4, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Short Story Trade

    Ooh, interesting: I'll participate if anyone else is willing to! :)

    May 4, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Heya!

    Hey there - welcome to YWS from England. You're Polish, eh? Got quite a large community of Polish immigrants near where I live - you planning to join them? :wink: ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: New Writer

    Hello King from England! Welcome to YWS! What sort of stuff do you like to read/write? Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind. See you around! Gahks ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Falling Apart

    Falling Apart Things fall apart so quickly. The vase that I tried madly to mend has broken once more. Now I am falling, falling apart inside. The pieces of my ...

    May 2, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do you believe/not believe in God?

    Agreed.

    Apr 30, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What should/should not be in the literary canon?

    I'm in the middle of a book my Drama teacher gave me on Literary Theory (she did A-Level Literature); it's very interesting albeit technical, and at one point discusses what ...

    Apr 29, 2008


Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon