User avatar

Gahks

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The freedom to lie?

    Agreed. People don't seem to credit the general public with enough intelligence and moral sense these days. Pity.

    May 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Politics

    The problem with politics is that EVERYTHING has to be politicised in some way. Even the Olympics, which are meant to celebrate sport, not the cost of China's rising status ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Problems with Evolution

    Agreed, Aedomir. We've done this topic to death. Can someone lock this?

    May 8, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Rate YWS

    Great but still room for improvement, as always.

    May 8, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Pornography

    It's not that much of a problem that it exists, it's how people use it. To satisfy their own guilty pleasures in moderation, fine, but excessive use can harm yourself ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Niteowl: The YWS True Author Story

    Yes, very funny. Nice work!

    May 8, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: hello

    Hi Angie! Welcome! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad you could join us. What genres do you like to write? I dabble in crime fiction, but recently I've discovered the ...

    May 8, 2008
  • General Articles Re: An ode to sarcasm

    This really has potential! I really liked the way you started off with some wry anecdotes but I found the argument in defence of sarcasm a bit thin on the ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Any Exceptional Books About Writing?

    Teach Yourself Creative Writing , Dianne Doubtfire. Full of wondeful insight. My personal favourite however is The Five-Minute Writer by Margret Geraghty. I love it; it's refreshing and packed with ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The freedom to lie?

    Freedom of speech does not = freedom to lie. Freedom of speech means upholding your right to express yourself within the confines of social norms and standards, the UN Declaration ...

    May 8, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello

    Hello from England! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad you could join us! Do you like to read or write in any particular genres? Do you have any hobbies or ...

    May 7, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello everyone

    Hey there from sunny (but cold) England! Welcome to YWS. I'm Gahks (pronounced 'garks'); glad you could join us! You mention that you like to write 'odd stuff'; do you ...

    May 7, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Snow

    This is a really interesting poem! Well done. I haven't discovered the 'hidden' meaning yet but I will re-read it later. I'd be happy to discuss your authorial intentions some ...

    May 7, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Dawning

    I chose your poem for my 50th review; what a poem! Really well done. Your language is fluent, eloquent and perfectly captures the speaker's sense of longing (or that's how ...

    May 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    When you write, do you always have a particular audience in mind? I tend to write in a very literary style, so my work would probably appeal to a more ...

    May 7, 2008


pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn