User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    Hope that what I'm seeing is just some sick fantasy in my head. What would you do if someone killed your closest friend?

    May 12, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sounds cynical and somewhat hopeful, which is probably the intended tone. Past Imperfect

    May 12, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate The Idea Above You!

    In Spanish?! Aren't you limiting your audience somewhat? 3/10 - Some good character ideas, but lacks plot and substance. However, I have to say the setting is original. Not as ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Why bother asking?

    May 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Forget Grammar Advice (Not this one!)

    As my English teacher used to say, "It's like knowing how to ride a bike before you do a wheelie." Or, a screenwriter puts it, "There are no rules, but ...

    May 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: This is a Suicide Poem

    Wow. Extremely poignant. Your description is elegant and deeply moving. To improve it, I think you could improve your lineation: "Is it not beautiful? I am as a lover that ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Polyamory

    Agreed. If everyone is willing and has consented to participate, then what is the problem? I don't think polyamory is as widely known as polygamy; is this so?

    May 10, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Ten pounds sterling - do you want that in dollars, or what?

    May 10, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi!

    Where did you get all the smileys from, Thunder? Stop freaking me out. Let's PARTY!!

    May 10, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Jesse

    Hey Jesse from England! Welcome to YWS! My name's Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'). I saw your thread had no replies so I thought I'd be first to do so. Pleased ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi!

    Hi Vally! Glad you could join in the fun! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'). Fantasy and realistic animal? Not many crime writers around here, sadly... alas. Never mind - hope ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Can't you figure that out for yourself?

    May 10, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Strangers' Meeting

    Strangers’ Meeting It’s funny how Fate works in unfathomable ways. Just a few days ago I met a man whose path I’d fallen into the day before. He was checking ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: That Night

    That Night I have not come to the lake to confess my sins. For that night was the first and the only time we would ever be full of joy. ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bisexuality: straight, gay, or lying?

    In my opinion, we should celebrate the diversity of humanity, and that includes the many permutations of sex and sexuality; that includes bisexuality. I don't like people being defined simply ...

    May 10, 2008


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain