User avatar

Gahks

  • Media Reviews Re: Sebastian Faulks - Human Traces

    I love 'Birdsong'! Haven't read 'Human Traces' yet; is it worth considering?

    May 17, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Need help!

    (Not sure where to put this; please move if needs be.) As you may be aware, I started writing a play called "Tabula Rasa" (now called "Submission"); I've stopped continuing ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Hidden Failure

    Agree, Eimear: Don't constrain yourself by having to stick to a rhyme scheme or a metre. This is why I tend to write in blank verse, not rhyming verse. Just ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Research Re: Families

    REPLIES TO QUESTIONS 1. How many children in your family? Just me 2. How old is each child? Sixteen 3. Are your parents divorced? Yes 4. If yes to question ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Can't you decide for me?

    May 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Definitely science-fiction or post-apocalypse thriller. Good title! A Conspiracy of One

    May 17, 2008
  • Research Re: Speech

    Prose? You mean in general or just speeches. If you want general prose for a stimulus, try Atonement by Ian McEwan. It's an excellent novel. Or, for speeches, I suggest ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: hello people

    Hi Squishy! Welcome! I'm Gahks (pronounced 'garks'); good to meet you!

    May 17, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: hi!!!

    Hey there! Welcome to YWS from England! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'). Glad to meet you. Do you have any hobbies or interests? What do you like to read/write most? ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello, new greetings from Hong kong

    *laughs* Hey Lorraine, nai ho from a fellow Chinese person (albeit a British born and bred one, mind). Dai ga ho! What sort of stuff do you like to read/write? ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: A Little Murmur

    Yes, I agree, it is a bit lengthy. This definitely has potential. However, the one thing it lacks is SHOWING. At the moment, you're telling us far too much of ...

    May 17, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lake

    Interesting interpretation; hadn't thought of that! Thank you!

    May 17, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Uranus and Saturn Defy Evolution? 0_0

    Yes, you can be relieved. Evolution concerns biological processes and not physical or astronomical, for that matter. :wink:

    May 17, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Broken Monotones

    Waking to silence, the dim light cascading over my room, casting a flickering shadow of feathery clouds You use too many present participles; make them active verbs. I tiptoe down, ...

    May 16, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lake

    Lake How many times did we both sit and stare out to space, wonder at the myriad secrets the water might conceal here? How many times did we both strip ...

    May 16, 2008


Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson