User avatar

Gahks

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Sign Language

    Sign Language Our heat melts words Into silence undulating on the wind. You trace your finger across my body, Inscribing messages the gods shall never know, Your face lit by ...

    May 28, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Island Tide

    Island Tide Evening wraps us in midsummer mist As it rolls into the shore from beneath placid waters, The sun still drawing its last fiery breath. Your face lies there, ...

    May 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: How long can a character remain nameless?

    I like Perforated and Snoink's ideas. Maybe identify her by her physical characteristics, e.g. "The Brown Eyed Girl" (a small debt owed to Van Morrison!)? What do you reckon?

    May 11, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Swine Flu!

    Having outbreaks like these are proof enough that our governments at the least are lazy, and perhaps just don't give a flying crap about the people they're meant to be ...

    May 6, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Confession

    Hey there! Some of the imagery is great, but the fact that you have restricted yourself to two quatrains limits the sheer potential of this poem. I can see some ...

    May 6, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Weight of Suicide

    Bonjour! I believe 'tis a great poem. You have handled your subject matter well and, as Eimear says, have expressed some deep truths; this is the kind of poetry that ...

    May 5, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Swine Flu

    There's already a thread for this in the Debate Group. Why not join? :)

    May 5, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Swine Flu!

    I am concerned but I'm not alarmed. The threat to most of us is highly insignificant, but preparation is key. Who knows, the virus might return more viciously a couple ...

    May 4, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: In Memory of Shaun Dykes...

    Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Our (Britain's, I am a Brit) society should be ashamed. RIP Shaun. You didn't deserve this.

    Apr 28, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Conflicted

    (This might be better in Writing Tips?)

    Apr 23, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: A & Q

    Who didn't cross the road? The fairy hippos of Mars

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    It seems like some kind of philosophical novel like Life of Pi . The Kindness of Strangers

    Apr 21, 2009
  • Official Polls Re: Do You Get It?

    What?! No, I don't mate, sorry. *points at aliens leering suspiciously over there*

    Apr 15, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: 1st Person, Dialogue?

    If and when you do decide to use tags, make sure they don't intrude into the scene. Trying too hard and coming out with things like "he averred" sounds pretentious ...

    Apr 6, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: george W Bush

    I think you mean argument and not debate, lukas8u. Just a small semantic matter! But anyway, I'll stick my thoughts in. I think it's absolutely insane Bush managed to get ...

    Apr 6, 2009


“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind