User avatar

Gahks

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Scream

    You may want to leave a space between the introduction and the beginning to let us know it isn't actually part of the poem. Your word choice, like other people ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Wannabe

    Yes I agree with some of the above comments. You have some really nice ideas but try to use more imagery. Instead of telling us a lot of your feelings ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sexual relationships in universities

    I was briefly reading an article about this in the "Times Higher Education" magazine; it had some very thought-provoking ideas. At one point it mentioned how in the '20s many ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Mistakes Never Forgotten

    I have gone too far Just to claim what is mine. Like the enigmatic beginning. The stars in the sky will never say a word No witnesses in the dark. ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Tunnel

    The Tunnel Whose depths forever coil the secret we both shared: as we howled into the vice of glinting darkness, tasting passion, folding flesh, blinding each other with the agony ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    Write for an hour a day. Or even five minutes. Whatever you do, keep those creative juices flowing. Set yourself a dedicated time to write. Just vomit write. Doesn't matter ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: ...I suppose this is the welcome forum!

    Hey SK! Welcome to YWS from cloudy England! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you! I don't read or write science-fiction, but there are plenty of people on ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    How can we eat the bloody pizza when the pizza man is eating it right now?

    May 23, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: As you Approach Me From Behind

    Wow! Great for a first shot! I did like the use of anaphora and repetition here but I felt you overused it. Keep to the rule of three! However, the ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Not drunk anymore are you?

    Hey there. Welcome! So sorry to read about what happened. Although I sympathise with your loss, I agree with the other reviewers: get rid of the emotion. It's too cliched ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: In The Picture

    DI James Mason sighed at the prospect of being stuck with his nephew for the next God-knows-how-many hours. Even simply staring at a suspect through the two-way mirror, eyes glinting ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Changing Religion

    Agreed, Firestarter. In my opinion, your religion can be as flexible as that bendy plastic toy you got from McDonalds. Just because you're 'born' into a faith doesn't mean you ...

    May 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Death Penalty

    Yes: please get back to the topic now!

    May 22, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Why can't I?

    May 22, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    Eat them all. Mmm, delicious! What would you do if the world ran out of oil?

    May 22, 2008


“It doesn’t matter what you are, it only matters what you do. It’s your choice.”
— Sam Winchester