User avatar

Gahks

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Hero

    Yes: please put it in Narrative Poetry! This was great for a first poem. I mean, really great. You obviously put a lot of thought into what you were writing. ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Propaganda

    Propaganda to support obviously positive choices, such as the Allied powers destroying Germany and putting an end to the Holocaust, is clearly needed. However, when it is used for flagrant ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sexual relationships in universities

    Yes! I agree with Galatea and Firestarter on this one. It is a choice, and if people wish to make that choice so be it, I can't stop them, but ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: suspense

    Nate, I don't think "The bike was wobbly" is an active verb; isn't it stative? The sentence is telling, not showing. Perhaps "The bike wobbled as if in distress" would ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Archive Re: Crime has Tails

    Ohh... just when I thought I'd found something decent you guys have started... is it too late to join? Gahks

    May 25, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello

    Hey Parasky! Welcome from warm, cloudy England! I saw your review of my work before I found you here; thanks. What stuff do you like to read/write? I tend to ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Questions Arise! (edit)

    Yeah, this lacked thought and originality. Too many questions, not enough answers. Also far too much telling. Please give us something fresh and new for our imagination to chew on! ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I'll see you tomorrow.

    Wonderful! As Eimear points out, this is good but not great. Use more powerful imagery: instead of starting, "If you were the sky," (which is stative, and therefore telling) make ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: We Were Once Strangers

    I may be sending this to "The Spectator" magazine (it's a leading current affairs magazine that includes poems submitted by various people), along with "Fragments" (see my portfolio). Thus, I ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Ice Queen

    This does feel like it's been lifted from the story. As other reviewers have said, find a fresh, new approach to it. Maybe even subvert it? I liked the first ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    I feel the same way most of the time, too. My advice is to, like the others aid, write ANYTHING!!! Or, if you really don't feel writing, maybe take a ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    *laughs* 46. Keep killing off all your characters randomly while explaining that the writer was the murderer. 47. Endlessly put emoticons in characters' speech. "He cried happily, "Yes! I've done ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Tunnel

    Thanks for your comments. How exactly could I improve the shape? Mesh it all into one stanza?

    May 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 08' Presidential Elections

    As for pulling out troops from Iraq, I agree! The perceived 'War on Terror' has only been sidetracked by the war in Iraq, were it a plausible war in the ...

    May 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Ask a stupid question...

    To write with. Why am I here?

    May 23, 2008


Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore