User avatar

Gahks

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 'Earth's resources are there to be used, not conserved'

    Discuss this statement! I would be particularly interested to hear opinions from China, which is currently facing a huge environmental crisis. In National Geographic magazine, it was recently claimed

    May 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Women's pants

    I take it you mean trousers...? (This is a Brit speaking, by the way.) I don't have any real opinion on this, but I do agree with Griffinkeeper and Nate ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Fast Lane

    Hey there: this review arrives as requested! The last two sentences were definitely the best part. That section has a wonderful short, sharp quality to it; I love those kinds ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Things Seen In Cab-Ride #276

    As requested! You really broke ground in this poem: I must praise you for being so challenging. You used poetic devices to extremely good effect, such as the anaphora in ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Anyone seen the Indiana Jones movie 'The crystal skulls'

    Let's just enjoy it for what it is: a good piece of popcorn. All the main cast members played their roles very well - Cate Blanchett in particular was deliciously ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Endless Time Stops

    Yeah, punctuation could really give the reader a helping hand with this one. I get the lineation! It's a physical manifestation of time as the lines shorten to one word ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Propaganda

    The real problem with propaganda is not the advertising itself, it's the fact that it can dupe people into something without having made a clear, considered decision first.

    May 29, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Useless Verse

    Unfortunately, I didn't get it either. I read this expecting some powerful metapoetry, which is what you advertised this as. (Metapoetry is poetry about poetry.) Instead, all I got was ...

    May 29, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Home

    Hey there! Is this your first poem? I haven't seen you around before... welcome if so! If not, hello! As previous reviewers have commented, it lacks flow. You could also ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fragments

    yeah... it's somehow messed up... will try and fix.

    May 27, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: To the Sea

    Wow! An excellent poem. I adored your use of imagery (especially your use of apostrophe: that was a stroke of genius). Your style shares something of Wordsworth. Your rhythm was ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: An ode to those who dream

    Hey Eimear! This was an interesting little poem. Your rhetorical question was a clever way to begin and your images really stood out, but the problem was there were too ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Love...

    This might be ages late but I thought I'd review it anyway. I love the use of anaphora. Some people may see it as mindless repetition, but in my opinion ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: My Writing Depresses Me

    Yes: visual dialogue! If you watch films or TV shows, you'll notice the conversations are hardly ever static (except in 'arty' films or segues between major incidents). Learn from them! ...

    May 27, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: suspense

    *laughs* Never mind.

    May 27, 2008


Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour