User avatar

Gahks

  • Lyric Poetry Re: My Special Someone

    Yes, I agree with Josh here. Repetition can work but only up to a point. In my piece, "Lake", people found it effective because I changed it slightly at the ...

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: My First Love Poem, "Remind Me"

    Hi there; welcome! This was a good first attempt at writing love poetry; I applaud you in that respect. You tried to put in some interesting imagery - "My gravestone ...

    Jun 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Favourite movie quote.

    Not a movie, but I like these: Briscoe: You heard of the Seven Rings of Saturn? These are the Two Rings of Riker's. Briscoe: (referring to a hockey stick used ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    Great. Now can we get back on topic? If you have any other bones of contention, please PM. Thanks.

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Question

    Yes, agree with Firearris: a fractured narrative like this would be far more suspenseful and generate greater interest.

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello?

    Hey there Daniel! Welcome to YWS from cloudy England! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); pleased to meet you! I don't write sci-fi myself, but I'm in the middle of a ...

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: HEY xD

    Hey there from cloudy England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); good to meet you? What sort of things do you like to read or write? Do you ...

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: I'd do anything- BBC

    I like both, but I think Jodie is more likely to have the stamina to cope with eight shows a week (she is 28 but Jessie is 18), so that's ...

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The British monarchy is outdated

    Is it? Discuss. Personally, I quite like still having a monarchy, despite the fact that she acts mainly as a figurehead and doesn't wield any real power - that belongs ...

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is four really equal to two plus two?

    Agreed! *laughs uncontrollably at the insanity of it all*

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: To have a market or not to have a market

    Literary fiction = placing compelling character development above a compelling plot. Commercial fiction = the opposite. See Wikipedia:

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: I say I hate you,

    Yeah, I have to agree with the others here. The problem with the rhyme scheme, as those above have pointed out, is that it's too forced. As a consequence, it ...

    Jun 1, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2008

    Is it likely that we'll withdraw from the '09 competition? (Britain, I mean.) One of the producers: Globalvision Song Contest! The UK and USA can start their own voting bloc! ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Abyss

    Agreed, Krupp. You had some great ideas, Frangipani, but you didn't reveal their true power and meaning. This poem was too short. Had you fleshed it out and spent a ...

    May 30, 2008
  • Research Re: Latin curses (swear words)!!

    Hope that helps! Explicit language warning.

    May 29, 2008


A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief