User avatar

Gahks

  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello.

    Hello there from warm, sunny England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you! So you're a budding novelist, I see? As Suzanne has kindly suggested, ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The Apprentice FINAL!!!

    It's that time of year again: the end is nigh and only one task stands between victory and those famous words: "You're fired!" So, who will Sir Alan hire? Discuss ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Euthanasia

    In my opinion, I support it only in the most extreme of circumstances. We should be very cautious about using it, otherwise people may see it as the thin edge ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Looking for a good book?

    Birdsong , Sebastian Faulks Atonement , Ian McEwan The Collector , John Fowles And Then There Were None , Agatha Christie

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Football question

    Go to a match! Or see one on the telly. The more you expose yourself to the subject matter, the better.

    Jun 6, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Past Imperfect

    Past Imperfect The train with its granite-grey carriages rattled above as Luke strode down the pavement, his father’s hand steering him from behind. Graffiti whispered innuendos across the walls of ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi all

    Hey there from sunny England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); good to meet you! What sort of genres do you read or write in? Romance? Sci-Fi? Adventure? ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey there! I'm new =]

    Hey Leelo from England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you! So literature is your life, then? Do you have any other hobbies or interests? ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Chinese Occupation of Tibet

    As a Chinese person myself, the situation in Tibet disgusts me. In my opinion, the Chinese powers that be should leave the monks alone and concentrate on curbing the excessive ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: A Fashionable Robber, (Thong Mask)

    *laughs and laughs and laughs*

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Hill-dog Doesn't Concede Despite Already Losing

    Ooh... Yeah, I do feel a little sorry for her. She might be VP, you never know. But against McCain? He has some interesting policies. This election might be the ...

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Ask a stupid question...

    The thick brain that tells your mouth to. Why do I even bother to talk to you?

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hii, I'm a newbie=/

    Hey there! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you! I'm sure you'll pick up the nuts and bolts of this site when you start having a ...

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi!

    Hi there from England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you! Lizzie appears to be a historical fiction piece so I presume that's what you're ...

    Jun 4, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Voici moi...

    Bonjour et bienvenue! Welcome to the madness that is the YWS! Do you have any hobbies or interests? I enjoy drama, cycling and watching crime stuff. What sort of genres ...

    Jun 4, 2008


I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
— Holden Caulfield