User avatar

Gahks

  • Lounge, The Re: The Apprentice FINAL!!!

    IT'S OFFICIAL!! Sir Alan found his apprentice (see below): LEE!!!

    Jun 12, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Victim (Entry #1)

    Yay! An epistolary novel! I love the concept, but the main problem is that you tell far too much rather than SHOW. You use several 'was/were' expressions, e.g.: "I decided ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: The Mountain and the Pebble

    No, I like the spreading out, dear! I love the simplicity and quirkiness of it: so refreshing. It almost feels like a fairytale. (I should try and do something like ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: The land of milk and honey

    Agree Adna. I applaud Eimear for trying to show us something unusual and perhaps deliberately more mundane, but the odd image here and there could help us readers focus our ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Park

    Park As the sun melts away the last drop of slumber, a once arid air trembles with a torrent of tongues. Flowers surrender their leaves to the generous rays. The ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Changing Religion

    Can we end this tangent now and get back on topic ? (I have already contributed my opinions; see above.)

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A vivid reflection-second draft up

    Hey Eimear, Small favour in return for reviewing several of my other poems! ;D First point: I don't agree with Suzanne and some of the others (much as they are ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Save me

    I'm with Eimear and Snoink on this one: you can give us as much emotion and feeling as you like, but in a DRAMATIC poem, you need to connect events ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Research Re: Buckingham palace airport?

    What did Big Brother say? Please use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar: this is a writers' site.

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    Your reading of this book shall serve as a dire warning to all those dire people who dare to follow in your dire footsteps.

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Summer Heat

    Summer Heat The sun casts his eye with contempt over the land. I feel him surveying me, stalking me, smothering me in his arrogance. His battle cry translates crushed ice ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Homework Help Re: Public Speaking

    Well done! Good topic choice! Whatever theme you choose in future, never, ever, EVER do a speech about public speaking. It's condescending and morally dumb in my opinion.

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Ello =)

    Hi AJ from warm, toasty England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); great to have you on board! I don't do much in the way of fantasy and ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Seven Shoppers Dead after Stabbing Spree in Tokyo

    Seven people have died and ten others have been injured after an unbalanced man went on a stabbing spree in a crowded Tokyo shopping district. The perpetrator, twenty-five year-old factory ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: School Writing Club

    Do an activity/exercise each session at the start. It's a good way to warm up those creative fires! Also: ADVERTISING. Word-of-mouth, school newsletter, loudhailer announcement, I don't care. Just rec

    Jun 9, 2008


time was invented by clock companies to sell more watches
— SilverNight