User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Activities Re: Most Meaningful Quotes

    "When you look long into the abyss, the abyss looks long into you." Freud (I think)

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    quiet

    Jun 13, 2008
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Victim (Entry #1)

    Hey there, Already with just a little tweaking this is much better. You're still telling in places, but it's at an acceptable limit. You could do with expanding "I was ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey Everyone

    Hey Jossi from England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad you could join in the antics! Really like the username by the way - says so much ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Religion and Racism

    I'm no Christian, but as Rei points out, racial difference does not = racial hatred. If you go by the Christian story, the separation of man from God would mean ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey

    Hey there, fellow Englishman! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (pronounced 'garks'); good to have you with us! *offers hand for handshake* You can add me to the list of annoyingly ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: HII

    Hey Matty from drizzly England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you here! So I see you write action and romance? I'm more into crime ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips on Writing

    Hey Wordsmith! Welcome from drizzly England! Just thought I'd get that out of the way. Right: I'm all for both. Giving tips betters the writing community in general and gets ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The Apprentice FINAL!!!

    Apparently Sir Alan criticised the US version for being too much like a reality show and not business-y enough. Does anyone agree? Very happy with the result despite Raef and ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A vivid reflection-second draft up

    Yes: much better! I particularly liked your wry comment: " 'Coming to terms' is sickeningly untrue." You really have taken on board what everyone has said: you show now much ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Empty Space

    This is much better than the remnants of the original version that remain in Snoink's review. You employed some good images: "The empty space beside me" and: "The single coat ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: The obligatory introduction post...

    Hey fellow Brit! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); nice to see you, to see you... nice! (It's Bruce Forsyth, if anyone's clueless.) I love the username! You ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    And will you stop screeching back?

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A hand takes yours

    Agreed, Brad. You have some good ideas Eimear but the problem is you don't set them into a dramatic framework. Dramatic poetry = events + emotion as in the 'Sticky'. ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Soliloquy of an Unknown Soldier

    Soliloquy of an Unknown Soldier How I longed for the day I would see the sun we always sang about in this soulless hell. Death wandered these lonely ways, stalked ...

    Jun 12, 2008


Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg