User avatar

Gahks

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Bruises

    Hey sportgurl! Firstly, I'd like to applaud you for trying to tackle a deep and emotional subject. "Bruises" is a much better title than "Drunk Alcoholic" - the latter simply ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: This is it.

    Hey there Penguin! This is great stuff. The edit from "sifting" to "thumbing" makes a lot of sense; it reads better. I agree that this deserves to be short and ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Greetings from some place exotic (I promise!)

    Hello there, stranger! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you! I bet it's just as hot out here in sunny England as in Thailand! So ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    First Names: Alexander Alexandra Anton Claire Darius Dominic Gilbert Ian Isla James Jack Jason John Leonard Lloyd Max/Maxine Michael Nicholas Nicola Randall Robert Rosanna Ross Rufus Russell/Russ Sara

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Thoughts In A Moment of Hysteria

    First of all, please post at least two reviews per poem or story. It's just fair on everyone else, and that's how we like it here! You had some interesting ...

    Jun 15, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Silver Medal Spirit

    Hey Eimear! Great poem; I'm sure everyone can relate to the feelings of disappointment and regret in this piece. You have some really wonderful imagery: "Disappointment, that sickening swoop of ...

    Jun 15, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lament of a War Widow

    Lament of a War Widow Late yesterday, the guns sent you to sleep my love. The birds are not singing today. The house lies still in safe slumber. I sip ...

    Jun 15, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Obligatory Introduction Post?

    Hey Novelism! I also adore the username! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks') - glad to meet you! *offers handshake* So you like novels, then? I suggest you ...

    Jun 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Changing Religion

    Agreed. As far as I know, I don't think there is such a thing as "unbaptising" or "unconfirmation". These sacraments are meant to declare a commitment to the Christian faith ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Exodus

    Exodus Amended according to elephant's suggestions. We have not deserted our bloodied, beloved city. The gods have deserted us , on the day that Earth tore herself apart, engulfing us ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Being Bullied

    Hey there! First thing: don't preface your poem unless it is absolutely necessary. It spoonfeeds the audience yoru intentions; never a good thing. Let the language reveal itself. I agree ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Empty Space

    The ending is much better now. Well done! (Have you edited this? Because I missed it the first time...) You still have some 'telling' sentences and some stanzas are still ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Moment

    Under redrafting.

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: simulated high tide lifeguard lessons for the 90s

    Hey there! I was passing by and saw you didn't have any reviews so I'll be the first to post! You have some really great imagery: "play tag with your ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Rules of Writing (True-ish)

    These are great! Good job!

    Jun 13, 2008


Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe.
— John Milton (Poet)