User avatar

Gahks

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is war ever justified or humane?

    If there is a realistic chance of success, then a war against such a genocide might perhaps be justified. Otherwise, no.

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Favourite Music Decade?

    What is your favourite music decade? What memories do you have of various eras? Who was your favourite band? Although I wasn't born until the 90s, I love 80s music. ...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Animal Rights

    First of all, why is this in Debates? Couldn't you put this in Non-Fiction and save the space for proper argument about this issue? EDIT: I now realise this became ...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Surrender

    Surrender All our secrets lie bare before us. The sheets are a pristine white canvas, ready to cloud with our frustrations. The key turns in her fleshy lock. Behind her ...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is war ever justified or humane?

    Discuss! Personally, I think war is just horrendous. Not only does it damage the soldiers, but their families. Think about the thousands, maybe millions of loved ones who have to ...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Man jailed following dog's death

    This is just sad and inhumane. Makes me wonder how low humanity can really go...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Mask

    While I must praise the therapeutic benefits of expressing your feelings, I found this poem lacking in substance. Your images - where I could find any - were quite effective. ...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: 20 September, 2051

    Hey, fellow Brit! I saw your poem had no reviews so I thought I'd be first to contribute my reactions. Firstly, this was an outstanding piece, full of sombre reflections ...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Best friend

    Agreed. This poem does have potential, but it's lacking somewhat. It doesn't have any real emotional depth. Instead of finding subtler ways to express your speaker's feelings, you resort to ...

    Jun 19, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Ask a stupid question...

    Because you're the one that decided to buy it for a knockdown price. Why am I human?

    Jun 18, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey!

    Hey there Charlie! Welcome from England! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); nice to see you! Thanks for reviewing some of my poems already; it's good to see newbies getting into ...

    Jun 18, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Music

    Current favourite songs: "Ride Like the Wind" by Christopher Cross. The beat's real cool and hummable. "Hard Habit to Break" by Chicago. Great for chilling.

    Jun 18, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Chamber

    The Chamber The silence is suffocating. Life consigned to eternal punishment here deadens, decays, dies in a few days. Chained to walls, spirits breathe invisible prayers, as they rot like ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The First Day of My Life

    Hey Ringo! You have the joyous honour of receiving my 100th review! You express yourself extremely well in this poem. Your word choice is astounding: "Denude my tongue to sweet ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Ask a stupid question...

    Because you can't spell nauseous (joke). Why is that old man smelling of an attic?

    Jun 17, 2008


If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec