User avatar

Gahks

  • Lounge, The Re: Wimbledon 2008: End of the road for Eaton, Murray moves on

    Rising tennis star, Chris Eaton, lost to Russia's Dmitry Tursunov this afternoon, 26th June. The 20-year-old British 13th seed, from Surrey, battled through the first set only to concede the ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Tips From the Professor

    Can I copy this as a Word document and distribute it round my writing club? This looks so useful! Thanks. :D

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What should we do with Mugabe and Zimbabwe?

    I think the UK should take a lead in this, because of its history, coupled with the US to ensure that the "special relationship" creates some real positive change in ...

    Jun 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What should we do with Mugabe and Zimbabwe?

    Discuss! The international community needs to exert much more pressure on Mugabe to hand over power (or, at the very least, enter into power-sharing negotiations) to Morgan Tsvangirai, the opposition ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • General Articles Re: Abortions.

    Hey there! As an experienced speaker and speechwriter, I thought I'd lend my expertise to this! Firstly, please, please, please don't call it a 'text'. This is a SPEECH, remember? ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Favorite TV Shows

    I'd just like to add a couple that are several feet below the L&O franchise but still good: DEXTER - Excellent! CRIMINAL MINDS - Why has no one mentioned this? ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: War

    Hey there! As previous reviewers have commented, you used some strong imagery. However, there were several problems with this piece that I'll pick up on later. Firstly, well done on ...

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Madrigal

    Hey there! This was an interesting first piece. As previous reviewers have commented, your comparison of love to music was extremely creative. There are. however a couple of problems which ...

    Jun 22, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing Playlists

    Use Finetune for playlists: it's really cool and easy-to-use.

    Jun 21, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Stranger

    Here it is! Can you spot the lone adjective? Stranger The wind breezed through the platform as Irene half-read the newspaper. She glanced at the board that hung above her. ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Character descriptions for first person

    Oh yeah: Blatantly forced descriptions are a no-no. There are two golden rules to remember: 1) SHOW, DON'T TELL 2) SAY MORE WITH LESS Obey those and you'll be fine.

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Ask a stupid question...

    They do it just for kicks. Why can't I learn to drive until I'm seventeen?

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Titles and Writing With Titles

    How do you find a title? Share your thoughts here and put up some random titles that people could take inspiration from. I was listening to a radio show the ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Research Re: Searching for "S" words

    Serendipity, suffocation, symbiotic, sandbank, salsa, saffron, sabbatical, sine (as in trigonometry)... There must be many more (Squishy's list is near-exhaustive!), but these are the first few I thou

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Info About London

    What are the most upper-class sections called and what kind of buildings do the people there live in? Chelsea, Kensington, Fulham, Hyde Park... basically, west London. And Islington, although that's ...

    Jun 20, 2008


“I don't talk things, sir. I talk the meaning of things.”
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451