User avatar

Gahks

  • Welcome Mat Re: Paradox says *hi*

    Hey Paradox! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you! So you design websites, eh? I think I need one myself... could you help? (joke.) Me, ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: I'm looking for a show I watched in England

    Does sound like Get Your Own Back, a now-defunt children's show. More specifics would really help on this one. Time? Which channel? Any notable people?

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: How Much can we trust science?

    Agreed, Rubric. Pseudo-science is exactly that: it's not science.

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Is it possible to make an original story?

    As long as you don't make the whole Post-It Note idea an artificial conceit that detracts from the writing, this can have potential. In fact, anything is possible in the ...

    Jul 10, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Openings

    Use short sentences for important, fast-paced, action-packed stuff. Really describe everything like when time seems to completely slow down during a moment of high tension. Employ longer sentences to

    Jul 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: How Much can we trust science?

    Exactly, Sureal. The scientific community works by constantly reviewing and testing new hypotheses. If other scientists are unable to repeat an experiment to test a hypothesis and achieve the same ...

    Jul 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 'Earth's resources are there to be used, not conserved'

    Rei, sustainable development isn't just about using resources that renew quickly. It's about being able to meet the needs of today's generation without harming the ability of future generations to ...

    Jul 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: American English: Dialect or Language?

    Discuss! Is American English a dialect of British English or a separate language in its own right?

    Jul 3, 2008
  • Official Polls Re: Defense or Defence?

    Defence. However, the adjective is "defensive"; thus the adverb is "defensively".

    Jul 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I have the plot, how do I fill it?

    A note on logicality: Understand that your plot operates in a cause-and-effect mechanism. That is, whatever happens in Incident 1 sets off the events leading to Incident 2, which causes ...

    Jul 2, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Wishing on a Plane

    Wishing on a Plane Written on a flight to New York. I don’t know who are the couple sitting next to me. They speak an entirely alien language – perhaps ...

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    A scientist or professor of some sort. That was the first thing that came to mind. Max Slater

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Making them breathe

    Stalking is great fun! Don't be antisocial writers! I also suggest: BE A CHARACTER WHISPERER Relax in the bath or somewhere where no one will disturb you. A little background ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: China unrest after scores of schools collapse in quake

    BBC News reports today, 27th June, of the mounting unrest in China following the unprecedented destruction of many of the country's schools in the Szechuan earthquake. It has also documented ...

    Jun 27, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Ask a stupid question...

    Aliens will. Why does the battery on my PC always run out so quickly?

    Jun 26, 2008


how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42