User avatar

Gahks

  • Research Re: atlantis

    Apparently, Hitler believed that Atlanteans were purest possible peoples: the Aryans, as they were dubbed. He tried to replicate that and so began the Holocaust. I cannot remember the source ...

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Odd little idea...

    Agree with Tyd on this one; sounds like a neo-noir sci-fi, much like Heroes . Good luck with writing it!

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey All!

    Hey there Ankit from England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad you could join us! As your username and introductory post suggest, you must be a keen ...

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: When the protagonist is also the antagonist?

    Yeah, that is the only case possible. E.g. Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde. Such characters are extremely rare as Robert L. Stevenson broke the mould anyway. However, it is more often the ...

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: In the Silent Valley

    Hey Eimear! I liked the way you went back to the older phrasings with this. As you say, you took inspiration from another poem and obviously you wanted to recall ...

    Jul 14, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Hit and Run

    Hey Suzanne! This was excellent stuff and I praise your originality for showing us the ultimate act in a different light. I had not seen some of the double meanings ...

    Jul 14, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Lead Character Could Use Some More Meat

    Hey Theo! Haven't seen you here before... welcome! I'm Gahks (pronounced 'garks'); pleased to meet you! Try my character questionnaire - just click the link below:

    Jul 14, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Splinters

    Splinters Shattered into splinters, the shards of my heart shine in the moonlight. I stare into one, scrabbling in futility for a fragment of the chain of honesty that bound ...

    Jul 14, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: Open Again!

    Anything from my portfolio. Just anything. Please. Thanks. Gahks

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello

    Hey Blink from a fellow Brit! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks - that's pronounced 'garks', good to meet you. *handshake* I see you're a fantasy writer; I prefer crime myself, ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing Poetry

    Get your name out in the whole wide world. Sadly, poetry is a dying market and you must get your voice heard above the others. Enter as many competitions as ...

    Jul 13, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    A twist on "Death Becomes Her", perhaps, so a romantic comedy in that sense. Or alternatively, a terrifying thriller in which the protagonist refuses to believe the revelations that she ...

    Jul 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Beautiful Dreamer (please leave a comment)

    Hey there! I like your username BTW - words are powerful and this is the year to celebrate them! Firstly, you used way too many passives. As you may know, ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Road Without End

    Hey Ringo! I've been meaning to review your poetry for a while and haven't done so yet... well, here's my chance! This was unbelievably good; a near classic. If only ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Yet another hello

    Hey Max! Long time no see! And hello Kakburken! Haven't had a Swede on here for a while - well, you're the first I've encountered. (I'm British Chinese, BTW.) Good ...

    Jul 11, 2008


The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star