User avatar

Gahks

  • Lyric Poetry Re: London Dreams

    London Dreams She has collapsed into the dark night, my own Lady Diana. I stare at her cascading complexion, caressing the features that her mother carved like a Michelangelo masterpiece. ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Poem I wrote when I was 12...

    Hey there! Well, you have some very original ideas. However, there are (as always) a couple of things that we can easily iron out. Firstly, this poem was way too ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Electricity Storm

    Hey Eimear! Your images are wonderful in this poem and you have some really interesting ideas, but at the moment they seem like a list, as other reviewers have pointed ...

    Jul 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are people really equal?

    I think 'equality' as a construct (see Rubric's argument) is an ideal that we all aspire to but in practice it never holds universally true. We have to accept that ...

    Jul 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Cloning, should it be allowed?

    I don't have any problem with it if extremely tight safeguards are imposed so that such technology does not fall into the wrong hands. Should that happen, who knows what ...

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Lisbon Treaty -a European debate

    Agreed, idle_muse. I hate the treaty as it gives away most of our powers to Brussels and for the reasons you mentioned. Many people like myself want a referendum. The ...

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Research Re: How do Mountains Effect Weather?

    This is known as relief or orographic rainfall.

    Jul 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Are you sure he didn't mention it out of sheer boredom?

    Jul 17, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    Before we start, we must wait one hundred minutes before you can read on. Now wait another hundred minutes. And another hundred. And another...

    Jul 17, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Stupid Creative Writing Assignment--NEED TIPS!!!

    Tip 1: Get yourself an ideas box. Anythign vaguely interesting - an anecdote, something you overhear, a news story - can go in it. When you've got an ideas drought, ...

    Jul 17, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Endings

    Look over your entire storyline again, see if you can find something that can set off your ending. Your conclusion is what your story has been working up to: knock ...

    Jul 16, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: "Religion causes too many problems."

    I felt like being controversial with this one, so... fire away!

    Jul 16, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Wall-E

    Haven't seen it yet. But it looks cute.

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: New person over here

    Hey Paige from England! Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); pleased to meet you! Well done for getting a prize for your writing; I've entered for a couple ...

    Jul 15, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Agents

    Get The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook. It's mostly written for British authors, but if you are foreign, you may well find some useful contacts. Any edition is great, but preferably ...

    Jul 15, 2008


Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour