User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Tips Re: Screenwriting Freeware

    Are there any around? Please supply some! Thanks in advance, Gahks :D

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Research Re: English slang!

    Oh yeah, and people use "mate" a lot. E.g.: "Thanks, mate." Cheers = thanks Cheerio = goodbye. Fag = cigarette (not to be confused with faggot) 'Doing it'/'Humping'/'Screwing' = having ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Severe case of writer's block...

    Yah. Take a break. Go for a walk, watch TV or read a book. Who knows, you might suddenly find the dash of inspiration you need to give you a ...

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Opinions of Dropping Crime Rates?

    I would like to know where the statistics have come from. Then I might be able to make a better decision on whether they are accurate or not.

    Jul 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Losing the plot

    I have a title - Sex, Lies and Chicken Chow Mein - and a rough idea (it's a comedy/drama about four British Born Chinese friends) but NO PLOT! Please help! ...

    Jul 28, 2008
  • Research Re: English slang!

    I think some chavs are proud to be called that, you know. People do use 'like' a lot. Some other stuff: Poof = homosexual (v. offensive) Chav = Council House ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    20s, blond, temperamental. Has very black-and-white opinions; not afraid to speak his mind. Rob Russell and Megan Humphries . (Russell is a senior detective and Humphries is his junior partner.)

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Business of Hearts

    The Business of Hearts The business of hearts is not to sell them needlessly on the market of romance in the sour hope of a rally in the stock. The ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: hehe, Character Q and A

    This was written on the spur of the moment, thinking about the characters. Thanks for posting. The first replier is DI Russell, the second DS Humphries. Q: What's your full ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Bonekickers!

    Has anyone watched Bonekickers on BBC One lately? If you haven't, I would not recommend it: it's the most ridiculous piece of drivel that the BBC has ever commissioned. The ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Stuck

    Hey there! I don't think we've met before... I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); pleased to meet you! You use a lot of passives in this poem; this is associated with ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Remember, wax melts

    Hey there! Let's get reviewing... Good introduction in the first stanza. Your deliberate omission of capital letters set up our expectations nicely. Is stanza 2 really relevant? The "bones in ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: The terror of treatments

    I'm trying to write a treatment for my TV crime series, Crime & Punishment - how do I go about making sure it ticks all the boxes and is generally ...

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue in Mutes

    Get her to write her thoughts on paper to her friends etc. You could then contrast this with her innate feelings... subtext!

    Jul 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Plot holes.. *frustration*

    Now there's an interesting problem... If your plot's going nowhere or it has holes, for that matter, take a break. After a couple of days or even a good few ...

    Jul 25, 2008


It's easier to come up with new stories than it is to finish the ones you already have. I think every author would feel that way.
— Stephanie Meyer