User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Tips Re: Tips for almost everything...

    You can also open using: 1. Images: Like teenagers throwing tantrums, investors get jittery when ministers announce things they hate. 2. Participles: Running through the street, the man tried to ...

    Oct 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How Do You Avoid Writer's Block?

    Linked to the notebook thing I also recommend having an ideas box. Just put random ideas on scrap pieces of paper, they can be plot ideas, symbols, concepts, phrases, anything. ...

    Oct 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Reasons for writing

    Writing gives you a break from the stresses and strains of modern everyday life. It empowers you to make a contribution to the wider world, to speak out against social ...

    Oct 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I need help with dialouge!

    Make your dialogue visual! In films and TV series, characters are always doing something while talking. Use background and setting to anchor your dialogue in some sort of context. E.g.: ...

    Sep 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Can an Idea be an antagonist?

    Conflict can be summed up as falling into one of three categories: 1. External conflict (conflict with outside forces: environment, technology, culture, society, even time) 2. Internal conflict (confl

    Sep 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A hierarchy of evil?

    Yes, true: it's too subjective! Gah. "Evil is a broad term used to indicate a negative moral or ethical judgement, often used to describe intentional acts that are cruel, unjust, ...

    Sep 29, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Great Depression II?

    If the $700bn bailout is approved, then no, the Great Depression Mk. II looks unlikely. Granted, it's a huge sum of money, but I agree with Nate and Sam: it ...

    Sep 29, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing in a Different Mood

    When you write fiction, keep in mind that characters will inevitably change in the course of the story. That is, a man who loses a loved one in a car ...

    Sep 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Would the world be a better place if humans couldn't lie?

    And then there are sins of omission... I agree with Clo that making humans unable to lie denies us free will, and that we would have no understanding of truth ...

    Sep 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Would the world be a better place if humans couldn't lie?

    No lies would mean we could not use our imagination. After all, creative writing is telling lies.

    Sep 22, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Battle for the White House

    The other thing we have to think about is McCain's age. It's very possible that Palin will end up being president after McCain. Now, I don't know about Americans, but ...

    Sep 19, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Quiet Evening in the Rain.

    Yeah, I'm with Azila on this one. I love short, brief poems like this and applaud the amount of emotion you managed to pack into a few lines. However, as ...

    Sep 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A hierarchy of evil?

    Rubric: Murder Mass murder/serial killing Assassination Rape Child Abuse Paedophilia Torture Kidnapping Blackmail Arson Armed Robbery Hostage-Taking/Hijacking ...or any possible combinations?

    Sep 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A hierarchy of evil?

    Is it possible to classify crimes according to how 'evil' they are? What defines or what would you consider an 'evil' act and why? What order would you put such ...

    Sep 3, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Memento

    Hey there! I haven't reviewed stuff in a while so I thought I'd look at yours! There are some really great images in this: "the trees... dancing to the chirping ...

    Aug 27, 2008


something about rain makes you want to be in love
— canopy