User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Tips Re: Conflict 101

    Of course you shouldn't start out with this in mind, but working through the three types of conflict can be useful when editing. And remember, "Genius is one percent inspiration ...

    Oct 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Conflict 101

    How many different kinds of conflict are there? One? Two? Fifty? Writers actually have a choice of three basic types of conflict: 1. Internal conflict : with the self, i.e. ...

    Oct 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A hierarchy of evil?

    Mental pain is often a result/consequence of extreme pain: its repercussions can take far longer to heal than physical suffering. We need to remember that.

    Oct 26, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: By the Sea

    Cradling our hearts in each other’s minds, we listen to the waves as they whistle, swell, then draw away. Deep blue dissolves the sands of time that run through her ...

    Oct 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Technology

    Agreed.

    Oct 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A hierarchy of evil?

    Maybe "Harm against any Woman or Child" could be renamed "Harm against the Person," with crimes against women and children being especially heinous?

    Oct 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Believable relationships?

    Yes, agreed, miyaviloves. There has to be an element of conflict and contrast in the relationship. You need to find oppositions in the lovers' characters, and then figure out why ...

    Oct 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Technology

    There is no comparison between reading something online and the sheer joy of possessing your own printed, physical copy. I mean, anyone can just type in a web address. Especially ...

    Oct 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: American Economy in Crisis

    The problem is that with globalisation and foreign investing in, e.g. overseas housing markets, all the world's great economies are inextricably linked. A crisis in one country will invariably cause ...

    Oct 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Help with Tenses

    Also Conditional: Anything with WOULD/SHOULD/COULD: He would still be able to walk if he hadn't had the operation. I would have said go home instead of stay at school. (Perfect ...

    Oct 20, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Killing

    Killing His perfectly formed carcass lay exposed to the breezes, like vultures, that clawed against my clothes. Two bullets traced staccato tunnels through his delicate, textured skin. His eyes stayed

    Oct 13, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: A mixture of blood with tears

    I do agree with the others but I won't force anything down your throat - I'll try and be as constructive as I can. This is poetry written from the ...

    Oct 13, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: My father was killed in Iraq

    Hey there: I would like to echo the sentiments of others who, like me, are sorry for you loss. I agree with chocoholic in that this piece would work better ...

    Oct 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Book one, book two - what's the point?

    Also for cliffhangers. As Snoink said, they're way awesome. I love making readers gasp, "Oh no!" and they frantically rush onto the next chapter/book.

    Oct 11, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Book one, book two - what's the point?

    It splits the novel up into manageable, digestible chunks so you can read it over several nights without needing bookmarks!

    Oct 11, 2008


I hope I’m poetic and interesting and insightful and inspiring and fun and entertaining and all of those wonderful, beautiful things
— creeperfeverdreams