User avatar

Gahks

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: M'i Coraz'on

    This is a decent start, but there is bucketloads of potential here that you haven't fulfilled. You get the overall gist of the speaker's argument, but as other critics have ...

    Sep 10, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Health care

    I think in principle what Obama is trying to do is morally just, the only problem is that this is unbelievably bad timing. Public debt is already expected to soar ...

    Aug 30, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Shape of a Moment (after Pugh)

    The Shape of a Moment (after Pugh) And Bo Peep is up now, shepherding Her frail one-man flock to the jetty As the sun breaks out from the bay, Lighting ...

    Aug 14, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Why? - First ever poem

    Hey there! First of all, I would like to thank you for taking those first baby steps towards writing great poetry! Remember that all famous writers were novices once, even ...

    Aug 11, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Recovery

    Hi there! Um, I'm with Mesh on this one. You reference Milton's epic narrative poem "Paradise Lost" in the title, yet you fail to follow this up with some kind ...

    Aug 11, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: True Beauty

    Note to the above reviewer: As stated in "What the Lyric Poetry Section is For," this area of the literature forums is not for song lyrics, but for lyric poetry ...

    Aug 9, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Art

    Art First light brushes through half-closed blinds, illuminating the sculpture that lies aslant beside me. His innocence is crafted in that strong, stubble-less jaw. His legs are slender and tough, ...

    Aug 9, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: Soldier

    Hey there! My initial thoughts are that this has an interesting premise, taking as it does the point of view of a female soldier. However, you need to fully exploit ...

    Aug 7, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Supernova

    Hi! When I first looked at the whole poem, the italics jumped out at me! I recommend not using them, because they distract the reader from the essence of your ...

    Aug 4, 2009
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Assassin's Tango

    Ooh, this is a dark poem! On first glance, this is good. I love the way you've structured this - the varying line lengths perhaps show the frenzied movement of ...

    Aug 4, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: One Last Time

    Hi! On first impressions, this is quite a good effort. I understand that this must be a very personal piece to you so I'll try and be as diplomatic as ...

    Aug 3, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: The Man on Wire

    Breathing, he composes each small step with fragile Artistry. His face is a porcelain Picture of concentration, thrown stiff by the wind, indifferent To such catatonic pursuits. His eyes flicker ...

    Aug 3, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: if i cared

    Agreed Fortuna. Some anti-poetry is written very well and subverts the genre very effectively (just take a look at Wilfred Owen's brutal war poetry), but the main difficulty that I ...

    Aug 2, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Marionette

    Hi! I agree with Suzanne. Whilst I applaud your originality with the form - if it was at all deliberate - it lacks meaning. All decisions we make as poets ...

    Jul 31, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Loss

    Hey Changer! I'm with June on this one. This kind of poetry can be intensely personal, and I hugely appreciate the therapeutic value it can have, but it leaves the ...

    Jul 31, 2009


The only proper way of drinking Capri-Sun is from your great-grandmother's gold-plated cups reserved for special occasions.
— NovemberCrow