User avatar

Gahks

  • Lounge, The Re: Changeling

    I've just seen this film and this is probably one of the most powerful movies this year, if not ever. I thought Clint Eastwood's direction was incredible - he is ...

    Nov 30, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Christmas Kiss

    Christmas Kiss On the eve of our séance in the bedroom, the glass of your heart smashed against the wall and refused to fit itself back together. Each piece, one ...

    Nov 27, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: Why did the chicken cross the road?

    Bill Gates' quote rocks. And Grandpa's. And Barack Obama's. And Einstein's.

    Nov 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why *did* the chicken cross the road?

    That's absolutely brilliant, Galatea! I love it!

    Nov 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Evil Humans

    No one is "born evil." "Evil" is a concept, just as "good" is, that we learn through our environment, i.e. the morals, values, culture and attitudes of the society we ...

    Nov 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Getting a story finished

    Never think that the idea is silly. Not for one moment. If you don't believe in the fiction, neither will the audience. "Yes, Cinderella, you can go to the ball. ...

    Nov 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: 911 Writer's Block

    Looks awesome! Cheers Griff!

    Nov 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Evil Nazis

    When Blink asks the question "what is evil," we cannot consider it without also defining what is "good" or "acceptable". Our distinction between "good" and "evil" is a social one, ...

    Nov 20, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey everyone!

    Hey Dominique, this is Gahks! Welcome! Pleased to meet you! *handshake* I like books that make you think too: Atonement by Ian McEwan is a really good example. I see ...

    Nov 19, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey Silent Music here

    Hello and welcome back! Good to have you return to the wondrous haven of fun that is YWS! Look forward to seeing some of your work soon! Gahks :D

    Nov 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Windows

    Windows Fire a bullet through a window and in a split second, it will shatter in a blind storm of glass. The decision is irrevocable, edit: like atrophy that licks ...

    Nov 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Whisper

    Unfortunately, it seems like the previous reviewer and I are at odds! You don't have to capitalise every line in this poem. Seamus Heaney doesn't do it! Simon Armitage doesn't ...

    Nov 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Rage the day

    For a beginner on this forum, I have to agree with the others: this is a very well-written poem. You have carefully chosen your rhymes and have created some inspired ...

    Nov 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Like a Fallen Angel

    This is an interesting poem filled with clever imagery in places and some great rhymes, but the main problem with it is that there's just too much to take in. ...

    Nov 19, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Bullying

    Hey, I haven't seen an acrostic for a while, so well done for using a much neglected form. The main problem with this, I believe, is the poem lacks focus ...

    Nov 18, 2008


The only distinction that makes one a hero is constantly fighting back your villain arc.
— RangerofIthilien