User avatar

Gahks

  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    This book died while it was being written. Thus, please return it the store whence you bought it to obtain a full refund.

    Dec 14, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when you suddenly spit out quotes from your own book.

    Dec 14, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    In the number of tests the bloody British government makes me do. What would you do if you knew your best friend had been abused by your teacher?

    Dec 14, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Define that Simile!

    Because both possess a rabid conscience. My house is like a bread bin...

    Dec 14, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: No Better Sound

    Me too. I liked your concept, but your execution was found wanting. You need to go into a greater depth with your treatment of the subject. Maybe something for the ...

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: To Die a Child

    Hey there! I haven't seen you before on the site so I thought I'd offer my thoughts. As anti-pop says, this is extremely well-written. For a first poem, your craft ...

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: ideas...

    Ask the question "What if...?" or "What would it be like to...?" once a day. Write for five minutes. Who knows, you might find the germ of an idea buried ...

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Editing

    1. Get another person (preferably someone with a mild interest in writing like your dear self) to look at it. 2. Use spellchecker/grammar functions on Word (bit mechanical, I find, ...

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    Destroy the earth's population. (Theoretically.) What would you do if Christmas didn't exist?

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

    Once upon a time, everyone died.

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Dealing with difficult themes in competitions

    I'm entering for a poetry competition next year and the theme is 'Doubt.' It's quite a complex but interesting topic; how would you tackle it, or difficult themes in general?

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Outline?

    The characters generally come to me first and then the plot. I don't really know much about the people until I start writing; I tend to concentrate more on the ...

    Dec 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: 'The UN Declaration of Human Rights is a failure.'

    Discuss! As we mark the 60th anniversary of the signing of the UN Declaration of Human Rights, what kind of impact has it made? Has it been neglected? Should education ...

    Dec 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Agreed.

    Dec 9, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: American English: Dialect or Language?

    English also has numerous words from Greek and Anglo-Saxon roots. The days of the week have Norse and Roman origins.

    Dec 8, 2008


Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily