User avatar

Gahks

  • Other Poetry Re: Murderer's Advice

    Agreed, Raimunda. You have some interesting ideas but they need development. The one or two that are really pertinent to the piece need a lot more room. In fact, the ...

    Dec 27, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: wheat in Texas

    Hey there! This is a good start. You communicated your thoughts well (after a good few reads!) and I thought your lack of punctuation, if deliberate, was a stroke of ...

    Dec 27, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello.

    Hey there! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks') and I warmly welcome you to this wonderful family! *handshake* What sort of stuff do you write? I'm a crime person myself, but ...

    Dec 27, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Meow is new here!!!

    Hey there! Gahks would also like to introduce himself and say hi! He says that his name is pronounced 'garks' (not his real one, of course), and also that he ...

    Dec 27, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Testing

    Enjoy our warm and friendly company, Nate! The Gahkmeister.

    Dec 27, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Here

    Hey there, This is unbelievably good. I mean unbelievably. Your expression is simply exquisite, particularly in these phrases: "The sun [is] peeping in through the sliver in the curtains, You ...

    Dec 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I need an idea (NOW!)

    I would love a good ghost story! I haven't heard/seen/read that many that really send a shiver down your spine!

    Dec 26, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Predictions: The World in 2009

    As another year draws to a close, I ask, what are your predictions for the world in 2009: political, cultural, technological and economical? Discuss!

    Dec 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Favorite Shakespeare Play

    Any one of Macbeth, R&J, Othello and (to a lesser extent) Merchant of Venice.

    Dec 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when you write a poem to get revenge on your literature teacher who insulted you. (I did!)

    Dec 25, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    Dial 999. Get a prescription for some re-enlargement drug. What would you do if there was a blackout in your town?

    Dec 25, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Famed playwright Harold Pinter dies, aged 78

    The playwright Harold Pinter, author of "The Birthday Party," "The Caretaker" (which I studied at GCSE! Brilliant play) and the screenplay of "The French Lieutenant's Woman," died after battling with ...

    Dec 25, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: It will find Its Way Through

    Hi there, You have some interesting ideas in this poem. I think the curtain image is great, but underdeveloped and only obliquely referenced in the breaking "walls of protection" in ...

    Dec 23, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    Waking

    Dec 23, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Never can seem to finish ):

    Why not try writing back to front? Or write the beginning and ending first and then the middle? You don't have to write the story in the order it will ...

    Dec 23, 2008


Most things happen for a reason. Though, usually, the forces that be are immature enough that the reason is comedy.
— WeepingWisteria