User avatar

Gahks

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    While I am completely for abortion, I think schools and hospitals need to provide intensive education programmes to make more young women think about this issue. As we have seen, ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I Believe In God

    I'm with Snoink on this one. Your passion for God is plain to see, but you need to find more inventive ways of expressing it. And as Jiggity says, show. ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Your last friend

    Hey there! This is a good start. Parts of this are quite well-written, particularly the ending: "When the friend comes calling, And they take the last step; No-one is there ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Wishing Well

    Wishing Well A ghostly white mist marbles the well that the ivy guards silently. The water within is thirsty for my silver. Armed to the hilt, I trigger a coin ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hi

    Hey there Harry! Welcome to YWS from (sub-zero) England! I'm Gahks, pleased to meet you! *handshake* I see you're a horror writer. Me, I'm more of a crime fiction person, ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Um Hi

    Hey there Scarecrow! A warm welcome from (sub-zero) England! I'm Gahks, pleased to meet you! *handshake* (It must be incredibly hot in Australia, even at this time of year. No, ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello Everyone :)

    hey perfectisafault! I'm Gahks, pleased to meet you! *handshake* You write screenplays? I'd love to write some too, but I just haven't the time right now. I love writing poetry, ...

    Jan 1, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when you force people to read your work even though they probably got F in GCSE English.

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Man in the Picture

    The "Man in the Picture" is a novella that concerns a Cambridge student who visits his professor and old friend at the university. In the course of the meeting, the ...

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Realistic Fiction

    Hey there! It seems you have a few questions piled into one here, so I'll try to answer them all. To make characters realistic, you need to know everything about ...

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    Where

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Wikipedia

    Good question. Um, it has its uses, but you must approach it with caution. Be wary of misleading or uncited information!

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: If you're really struggling...

    Vomit write. That is, just splurge whatever comes to your mind on the page. As Snoink says, expect the first draft to suck. Even with the most brilliant story ever, ...

    Dec 31, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    Library

    Dec 29, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    Probably run out of the house screaming. And hope this isn't the start of a mass alien invasion. What would you do if someone confided a dangerous secret in you?

    Dec 29, 2008


You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor