User avatar

Gahks

  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: NaPoWriMo 2013!

    Suicide by poetry? Hmm. Count me in!

    Apr 11, 2011
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: The Poetry Writing Month Challenge

    Ohmigod I just saw this. Is it too late?! xD

    Apr 11, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Happy

    A lot of people seem to like this poem, and I can see why, because it's full of zest and exuberance. What I find problematic with it is, firstly, its ...

    Jun 22, 2010
  • Poetry Discussion Re: "Emo" Poetry vs. Good Poetry

    I don't deny that deliberately writing emo poetry can't be a therapeutic tool for those who want somewhere to store their emotions, and sure, everyone's probably written something amounting to ...

    Jan 27, 2010
  • Poetry Discussion Re: "Emo" Poetry vs. Good Poetry

    Emo poetry lacks control, and as someone said (was it Ezra Pound?), "Good writing is perfect control."

    Dec 21, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: railroadsong

    Excellent work, Kylan. It's so refreshing to read a poem from this site every once in a while that touches you in a way that no other poem could. It's ...

    Nov 25, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: SPEW

    And what is SPEW, for that matter? (points to dismally uninformed self)

    Oct 17, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: UK General Elections

    Oh, Sureal, do you have to be awkward? ;) I'm sure the Conservatives will steamroll their way into Number 10, so my Lib Dem vote is pretty much moot.

    Oct 17, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Girlfriends and boyfriends at the age of 10 - 15

    I agree that starting that early can be unwise, and you can end up failing to recognise the true power of love as something more than "a social game," as ...

    Oct 17, 2009
  • Homework Help Re: Poetic conceit

    I'll be writing a sequence of extended metaphor poems, so I'll do my best to help! As far as defining it, Wikipedia does a pretty good job. In terms of ...

    Oct 15, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: First Love

    Hi! Gahks here, and I'll be reviewing your poem today. :D For a start, I'd like to say well done for taking your first steps on the journey of writing ...

    Oct 15, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Museum

    …and this, ladies and gentlemen, is the wooden chair He passed his last few moments in. Yes, madam? How old was he? Oh, no more than twenty, I expect, The ...

    Sep 24, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: History

    It’ll all be in the past soon, like the world wars Or the Holocaust. But leaving it Is never easy – the memory Is imprinted forever in the very core ...

    Sep 12, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Car Hugs

    Hi there, this is Gahks here to review your poem! First Impressions: You maintain a lovely sense of loss throughout this poem, and the initial concept is well thought out. ...

    Sep 10, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Archives

    Imagine me and you chasing the crash of waves that follow the coast, the evening still yawning into nothing, then us reaching up to taste the air’s exquisite juice. Imagine ...

    Sep 10, 2009


You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up.
— Metatron (Supernatural)