User avatar

Gahks

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Winter Suite

    Winter Suite And our bedroom is a sunlit canvas all over which we'll paint our lives in dappled shades of scarlet and green. And I'll draw you out from the ...

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Another Snowfall

    Yeah, I agree, this seems to have echoes of Heaney. I adore the earthy imagery in this, such as in the first two verses: "The world burrows its arms in ...

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    A wistful urban teenage romance. The Child in the Dark

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    Plant

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: NEW to website

    Hey there! I reviewed a poem of yours I think... did you read my comments? Russian Literature, eh? Well, I'm studying English Literature here in the UK for my AS ...

    Jan 20, 2009
  • Other Poetry Re: I am I am I am I am

    Ah, Suze, this is so funny. You make me laugh. I won't even bother to critically analyse this because yours truly is finding it hard to take it seriously! But ...

    Jan 20, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What are the priorities for Obama's first 100 days?

    This came up on the BBC's Question Time election night special, broadcast from Washington DC back in November (did anyone else watch it?) but I thought I'd save this topic ...

    Jan 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Presidential Inauguration

    Obama is like the greatest speaker ever. Maybe an exaggeration, but you get the idea. He possesses a certain charisma and verve that McCain just doesn't have. I'm missing all ...

    Jan 20, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Universia

    This is brilliant work, well done. I thought the imagery that you employed in this was exquisite. Really masterful. My mind was drawn to these verses in particular: "When innocence ...

    Jan 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Who's running the show?

    Your main character does seem to be in a reactionary position. The antagonist may have the upper hand to start with, but you need to make the protagonist aware of ...

    Jan 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: A Writer's Code of Law(s)

    Just a few: Show, don't tell. (Classic maxim, I know.) Trust your story. If you can't believe in the plot, neither can your readers. Conflict = drama. All stories must ...

    Jan 19, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: What to italicize?

    Echoing the sentiments of everyone else here, be consistent . There, that's italics for you! Strictly speaking, when quoting titles (of TV shows, films, books, articles etc.) you should either ...

    Jan 19, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: She smelled of death

    Hey there! I agree with the others in that you express your ideas confidently and with some degree of richness and clarity, such as in the opening phrase "She smelled ...

    Jan 19, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Plane crashes into Hudson River in New York

    It's a miracle everyone is still alive. And kudos to the pilot for some heroic flying.

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Morning

    Morning We knew he would die before daybreak. Now, the metallic, toothless sun heralds the chill of fresh anxieties. My life, my love, could burn up in seconds, under crackling ...

    Jan 18, 2009


I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!
— Feltrix