User avatar

Gahks

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lavender Eyes

    Hey there! I'll try and make this as brief and to the point as possible. The poem's message is well communicated, but i think you can go furthrt with it, ...

    Feb 10, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Not Enough

    Absolutely agreed, KnightlyAngel and June. This poem has some good ideas but the execution was found wanting. You need to show us what the speaker means by "inadequate." Heck, make ...

    Feb 10, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Quenched

    Hey there! I review this in return for your very useful evaluation of my poem! I noticed the rhyme scheme changes from pararhyme (half rhyme) in stanza I to full ...

    Feb 10, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: "Religion causes too many problems."

    Thanks for all your replies: they have been diverse and interesting. Some more views from representatives of other religions such as Judaism, Islam and Sikhism would be most welcomed.

    Feb 9, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    Free speech

    Feb 8, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: New to YWS

    Hey there! I'm Gahks - glad to meet you! *handshake* It brightens up your day when you know someone has actually read the rules before posting! I won't bore you ...

    Feb 7, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hey!

    Hey there, Gale! My name's Gahks - glad to meet you! *handshake* I see you read Harry Potter? I got bored with it ages ago; now, I mostly read whatever ...

    Feb 7, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: What inspires/inspired you?

    Current events and what generally is right/wrong with the world. Family and friends. Beliefs, values and interests. My Chinese culture. Most importantly, my dream to be a real writer.

    Feb 7, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Elegy for Humanity

    This poem has been taken down as a new version now appears in yours truly's anthology, "Public Spaces, Private Reflections." If you would like a copy, please contact me!

    Feb 7, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    CSI

    Feb 4, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fake Heart

    Hey there! As Snoink says, the main problem with this is the lack of images. You mention all these emotive phrases - "I'm not just sad / I'm angry" - ...

    Feb 3, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Fear

    I agree with lukas8u: it's a response that evolved as a survival mechanism from our primordial ancestors.

    Jan 29, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    pasta

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Question!

    Don't make big cuts if you don't need to. A lot of small cuts can have as large an impact as editing out a whole chapter or scene. If anything, ...

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: (Soon to be a) Postcard

    *gasps* You're Australian? Pretty cool... I'm British born Chinese, by the way. Again, you have really beautiful, lyrical imagery in this poem: "...I remember that eternal yesterday of that eternal ...

    Jan 27, 2009


I know history. There are many names in history, but none of them are ours.
— Richard Siken