Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Media Reviews Re: Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes

    Sarah Byrnes and Eric Calhoune are two teenage outcasts united in elementary school by their physical flaws- Sarah's face is disfigured by terrible burn scars which she claims were caused ...

    May 6, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Where Does Writing Hide?

    -In sleepless nights -In daydreams during math class -In the brilliance of the winter moon on a clear, frigid night -In the wisps of fog amongst the Spruce trees -In ...

    Apr 2, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    I like this name a lot, it sounds very pretty and sophisticated. I think Aida is a German name... I imagine a little girl of 9 or 10, small and ...

    Apr 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    Just finished "If You Come Softly" by Jacqueline Woodson. *cries* Very sweet and sad... SO depressing at the end.

    Mar 30, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Hmm... The multiple name thing makes me think of a princess or some kind of noblewoman... Elaina is a very elegant-sounding name. I picture a slender princess, long chestnut hair, ...

    Mar 29, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    That doesn't really roll off the toungue, lol... Definitely sounds like fantasy... I imagine a noble warrior. Teagan (male)

    Mar 29, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Bartimaus triligy

    I've only read the first book, 'twas awesome... It's great to see fresh, original fantasy that doesn't rely on cliches and isn't totally predictable... *coughChristopherPaolinicough*

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Speak

    Yeah, I really enjoyed [i]Speak,[/i] too... I loved Melinda's sarcastic humor. (That was her name, right?) It may have been aimed at teen girls, but I definitely wouldn't call it ...

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    An eccentric, rebellious girl who loves to stand out and hates to conform; She thought her given name, "Annie" was too common, so gave it a unique spelling. Dresses funky, ...

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    I think of a dog; A really high-strung, neurotic Greyhound. :lol: Fionna

    Mar 26, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    An elegant 15-yr.old Chinese girl, slight and slender with delicate features and long, sleek black hair. She was adopted from China and her parents gave her both an American name ...

    Mar 25, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    You didn't specify gender, but I like it as a girl's name, so... Sounds like a fantasy name. I picture a slender, willowy girl with a long dark braid and ...

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    A passionate and talented opera singer. She travels the world singing concerts and is quite well-known amongst fans of classical music. She's a larger woman and was frequently teased for ...

    Mar 21, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    A tall, brunette teenage boy, a sophomore in high school. Outgoing, athletic, popular. A bit arrogant, obnoxious at times. Fionna

    Mar 14, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: At what age did you start writing and

    Hmm... I wrote a lot when I was a little kid... I think I began "writing at... 4 or 5 yrs? But that was mainly drawing pictures in crayon and ...

    Feb 7, 2007


I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content