Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Art & Photography Re: [Nudity Over 13... Wulies art hm?]

    Nice! Great proportion and shading. I absolutely LOVE the photo of your friend, it's brilliant. ^_^

    Dec 9, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do men and women love differently?

    So Meep, you think that the differences in how men and women express love are based completely on conforming to gender roles? Obviously, we [i]express[/i] love differently (introverted VS. extroverted

    Dec 9, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Hmm... Haylen sounds kind of feminine to me, though you specify male. I think of a guy of 16 or so, kind of "feminine" but not in a flamboyant, stereotypical ...

    Dec 8, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Evil

    Very true, kokobeans- the character's motives must be believable. What are really interesting to me are characters who's actions may be ruthless, but are committed for just motives, because then ...

    Dec 8, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do men and women love differently?

    So we're reading Shakespeare's Twelfth Night in my Lit. class, and it deals alot with the nature of men's love VS. women's love. We had to write about whether we ...

    Dec 3, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Evil

    I think that entirely evil characters are usually very unrelatable and unrealistic. I personally believe that no one, or at least very few people, are purely good or purely evil. ...

    Dec 3, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Contreversy: Good or bad?

    I like controversy in books, it can be very thought-provoking and effective if used well. But I'll echo everyone else: it HAS to happen naturally. Controversy should be used to ...

    Dec 3, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Artsy picture?

    I think it's pretty cool, the simplicity works. I love the lines and the color contrast, and how your face isn't the focus like in a typical portrait picture. It ...

    Nov 26, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Amber Spyglass

    I love The Golden Compass! It's so brilliant, the universe, the characters, everything. I'm planning tho read the rest of the trilogy soon.

    Nov 14, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    Prolly either Alice's Adventures Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carol or Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Fahrenheit 451 is a great book, really interesting, but odd... It wasn't the ...

    Nov 5, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Book of the Week

    I've been meaning to read "A Thousand Splendid Suns," it sounds really interesting. Depressing, though.

    Nov 5, 2007
  • Art & Photography Re: Digital photographs, fresh off the memory card.

    These are all reeeally impressive. The rose pictures especially are gorgeous. I know, really constructive, right? -_-

    Oct 20, 2007
  • Poetry Discussion Re: What's so bad about Emo poetry?

    Chocoholic, I agree with you that the term "emo" gets thrown around too much, and I realize that poetry that is dark or expresses sorrow isn't necessarily emo. I associate ...

    Oct 17, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    I'm reading [i]Jane Eyre[/i] by Charlotte Bronte and liking it, though I haven't had time to get very far. I read the [i]The Golden Compass[/i] ages ago, so to refresh ...

    Oct 15, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Memoirs of a Geisha

    Yeah, the book was better, but I did like the film. It was visually beautiful, but you didn't get the beautiful language of the book.

    Sep 15, 2007


Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton