-
Re: How do you write poetry?
For me, Bubblewrapped summed it up exquisitely. I'll have an image, idea, phrase, memory, etc. that just won't leave me alone. I'll let it percolate in my brain for awhile, ...
Apr 8, 2009 -
Re: "outside" shots
Streetlight: I really like this one. Great composition and I love the texture of the bricks. Street/sky: The sky is beautiful in this one but the street's a bit boring. ...
Sep 9, 2008 -
Re: Hugh Laure: House [a sketch]
House! That's pretty friggin' amazing. You captured him. ^_^ Since you are exponentially better at art than me, I don't feel like I have a right to suggest anything but ...
Aug 11, 2008 -
Re: The Host
Hm, pretty intriguing. Thanks for the summary, Lyrical Sunshine!
May 18, 2008 -
Re: The Host
What is it about? I love sci fi if it's really good sci fi. But alot of it is cheesy. XD
May 13, 2008 -
Re: Perfect Characters?
I can see where you're coming from, Azila, and I've written those characters before... But I'm kind of hypocritical, because like Suzanne I find flawed characters way more interesting to ...
Apr 30, 2008 -
Re: Girl, Interrupted
Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen is the memoir of a woman who was institutionalized as a teenager in the sixties for Borderline personality disorder. It describes her experiences at the ...
Apr 7, 2008 -
Re: Description!
Not sure I entirely get this... were supposed to come with a metaphor? But I'll give it a try... Everything begins with a flame, with a spark. A sudden burst ...
Apr 6, 2008 -
Re: name association
Hmm... Very average name. I imagine a college student, brunette, pretty but not stunning, majoring in journalism and working at a coffee shop. ------------------------------ Sadie
Apr 3, 2008 -
Re: 1st person VS. 3rd person narration
I was just curious... Do you prefer to read 1st or 3rd person narration? What's easier for you to write? I've always liked to read 1st person, but for some ...
Mar 29, 2008 -
Re: Reviews
I really enjoyed it.I'm not even that into fantasy, but it had a complex plot and well-developed characters.. Ali was a little clichéd but still an awesome heroine. And I ...
Mar 29, 2008 -
Re: Name the Character Above You
Yoshimi! Heh, it reminds me of that song... Young male artist living in a futuristic society which bans art, forced to hide away his paintings. Kind, introverted, thoughtful, a bit ...
Mar 1, 2008 -
Re: Jodi Picoult
The only one I read was [u]My Sister's Keeper[/u] I loved it... depressing, yes, but personally I found it really well-written and engaging. And I kind of fell in love ...
Feb 28, 2008 -
Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?
Finally found my copy of LOTF... in the back there's and epilogue-type-thing of notes analyzing the writing. It says "the killing of the sow is accomplished in terms of sexual ...
Feb 18, 2008 -
Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?
Lol, yes! Once my class was discussing "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" By Robert Frost, and everyone kept claiming the woods symbolized death or suicide or sex or ...
Feb 18, 2008
