Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Poetry Discussion Re: How do you write poetry?

    For me, Bubblewrapped summed it up exquisitely. I'll have an image, idea, phrase, memory, etc. that just won't leave me alone. I'll let it percolate in my brain for awhile, ...

    Apr 8, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: "outside" shots

    Streetlight: I really like this one. Great composition and I love the texture of the bricks. Street/sky: The sky is beautiful in this one but the street's a bit boring. ...

    Sep 9, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Hugh Laure: House [a sketch]

    House! That's pretty friggin' amazing. You captured him. ^_^ Since you are exponentially better at art than me, I don't feel like I have a right to suggest anything but ...

    Aug 11, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    Hm, pretty intriguing. Thanks for the summary, Lyrical Sunshine!

    May 18, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: The Host

    What is it about? I love sci fi if it's really good sci fi. But alot of it is cheesy. XD

    May 13, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Perfect Characters?

    I can see where you're coming from, Azila, and I've written those characters before... But I'm kind of hypocritical, because like Suzanne I find flawed characters way more interesting to ...

    Apr 30, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Girl, Interrupted

    Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen is the memoir of a woman who was institutionalized as a teenager in the sixties for Borderline personality disorder. It describes her experiences at the ...

    Apr 7, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Description!

    Not sure I entirely get this... were supposed to come with a metaphor? But I'll give it a try... Everything begins with a flame, with a spark. A sudden burst ...

    Apr 6, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Hmm... Very average name. I imagine a college student, brunette, pretty but not stunning, majoring in journalism and working at a coffee shop. ------------------------------ Sadie

    Apr 3, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: 1st person VS. 3rd person narration

    I was just curious... Do you prefer to read 1st or 3rd person narration? What's easier for you to write? I've always liked to read 1st person, but for some ...

    Mar 29, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Reviews

    I really enjoyed it.I'm not even that into fantasy, but it had a complex plot and well-developed characters.. Ali was a little clichéd but still an awesome heroine. And I ...

    Mar 29, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    Yoshimi! Heh, it reminds me of that song... Young male artist living in a futuristic society which bans art, forced to hide away his paintings. Kind, introverted, thoughtful, a bit ...

    Mar 1, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Jodi Picoult

    The only one I read was [u]My Sister's Keeper[/u] I loved it... depressing, yes, but personally I found it really well-written and engaging. And I kind of fell in love ...

    Feb 28, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?

    Finally found my copy of LOTF... in the back there's and epilogue-type-thing of notes analyzing the writing. It says "the killing of the sow is accomplished in terms of sexual ...

    Feb 18, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Is it just me, or is Lord of the Flies a really sexist book?

    Lol, yes! Once my class was discussing "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" By Robert Frost, and everyone kept claiming the woods symbolized death or suicide or sex or ...

    Feb 18, 2008


Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.
— Bishop Desmond Tutu