Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Chinese Occupation of Tibet

    Yes... A lot of the world already has a pretty negative image of the U.S.; I don't think we want to provoke a nation as large and powerful as China. ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Chinese Occupation of Tibet

    If you aren't informed on this topic, here's a pretty straightforward summary of China's invasion of Tibet: In a nutshell (please correct me if I have misunderstood the situation), China ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Propaganda

    [quote]The real problem with propaganda is not the advertising itself, it's the fact that it can dupe people into something without having made a clear, considered decision first.[/quote] I agree... ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Women's pants

    0_o Hmm... I generally find my pants to have satisfactorily big pockets? I can fit my mp3 player in there, which is rather big. Then again I haven't bought new ...

    May 28, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Recent supreme court decision re gay marriage, I'm confused.

    [quote]What about slavery, when a majority of people felt it should remain? Judges—at a certain level, not all, of course—have an obligation to interpret the law and protect the rights ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Prostitutes; Victims or Criminals?

    if they do this by choice do they have a right to cry when something happens? I can see where you're coming from, but, firstly, remember some women are forced ...

    May 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Why do we need literature?

    I suppose this is pretty everyone interprets literature so differently, the "point" is probably different for everyone as well. For me personally, I suppose it's something of an escape. I ...

    May 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sex Before Marriage

    The way I see it, there is so much serious cruelty and crime and evil in the world that things like whether sex before marriage is unethical seems trivial in ...

    May 15, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Prostitutes; Victims or Criminals?

    Um... neither? I mean, sometimes they're victims, sure, if they're child prostitutes, or forced into prostitution. And in the US, sure, technically they are criminals. But personally I don't think ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: What bands/artists are your favorite?

    No particular order: Regina Spektor Radiohead Death Cab for Cutie The Red Hot Chili Peppers The Killers Arcade Fire The Shins Snow Patrol Secret Machines The Cranberries The White Stripes ...

    May 13, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Bisexuality: straight, gay, or lying?

    I'll second other's good points: Sexuality is really too complex to fit into neat little boxes anyway, but I see no reason why some people seem to think bisexuality is ...

    May 10, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible is a lie?

    I'm not going to try prove or disprove the "truth" of the bible because I know very little about it (I'm agnostic/Buddhist.) I'm just curious... is whether the bible is ...

    May 6, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Day of Silence

    I participated! W00t for Day of Silence-rs. Hate crime makes me so sick... there have been other incidents where people have been killed or attacked for no other reason than ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The freedom to lie?

    ^^ Right. Freedom of Speech must be complete. It would defeat the purpose of the first amendment if it didn't protect speech that was controversial or offensive. Don't get me ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Make me laugh

    Cpt. Smurf- Awwww! I love the sound effects. XD Jenna- The algebra thing made me LOL majorly. And the video was awesome if a little 0_o. Thank y'all. YOu guys ...

    Apr 16, 2008


Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook