Random avatar

Fireweed

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Skill vs. Soul?

    I'm not voting for either one. They're equally necessary as one is ineffective without the other. Soul needs skill to make it articulate and skill needs soul to make it ...

    Jul 19, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Does society have the right to put someone to death?

    The death penalty seems unnecessary, risky, immoral, and hypocritical, and although it's impossible to know how I'd feel in the situation of having lost a loved one to murder, I ...

    Apr 5, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: My Favorite song quotes of all time

    "There's a smell of stale fear and it is reeking from our skins The drinking never stops because the drink absolves our sins." -The Bravery, "Believe" "We're all the same ...

    Apr 1, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should Battery Farming be Banned?

    I'm a vegetarian not because I think eating meat is necessarily wrong but because I object to battery farming. I'd love to see free range farming replace battery farming. More ...

    Mar 22, 2009
  • Randomosity Re: What book are you currently reading?

    Just fnished Romeo and Juliet which is amaaaazing. Now reading The Reader by Bernard Schlink and The Grapes of Wrath for school

    Mar 15, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Musical Influences

    I don't listen to music WHILE I'm writing, but for inspiration I like Regina Spektor, Death Cab for Cutie, The Decemberists, The Shins and lots of classical stuff.

    Feb 12, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: Celebrity Crushes? *giggle giggle*

    Whoever said we are obsessing over celebrities... we're not, really. We're not stalking these people, we just find them attractive and talented. Alright, so I adore Johnny Depp. He is ...

    Feb 12, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Skinny Images in the Media

    [quote]Hmm, I've always disagreed with the argument that pictures of skinny models make teenage girls want to starve themselves. Do they think we're all so impressionable? Eating disorders don't just ...

    Jan 11, 2009
  • Official Polls Re: What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

    I chose "the actual writing." Since I write poetry and short stories, it's the subtleties of the language itself that appeal to me the most- just the satisfaction of writing ...

    Dec 10, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: A Message to All You Fat Girls!

    And yeah, people who have eating disorders are not necessarily superficial. In my experience (with other people's EDs) it's not just about being skinny but about control, like Emma said, ...

    Dec 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: A Message to All You Fat Girls!

    Thank you so much for making this post, Snoink. THe media in this country is sp ****ing sick it makes me want to cry. Seriously.

    Dec 3, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are cliches a bad thing?

    Your face is a cliche, Gadi. But anyway... it's pretty near impossible to write without ANY cliches, because basically, all the good ideas have been taken. They should be avoided, ...

    Dec 3, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: A Rapist's View of the World: Joss Whedon and Firefly

    I consider myself a feminist to an extent, and I love Firefly and Serenity. Firefly is fabulous, and this article is silly. I agree with Incandescence that this writer was ...

    Sep 11, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: What Can Be Done To Improve Education?

    How to change education in the US? Stop testing the heck out of us. I really do not think that standardized tests mean anything. Seriously, the SAT would not measure ...

    Sep 9, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Time for Some Campaignin'

    Especially funny for Bob Dylan fans.

    Sep 5, 2008


Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant